Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Trans. or transfer case?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 01:39 PM
rovettokc is on a distinguished road
Default Trans. or transfer case?

I bought a toy. 1981 blazer with 454 ci TH 350 unknown T-case (at this time). Befor my buddy and I tore the 454 ci outta my blazer because of some over heating problems and oil leaks (I left the trans and t-case in it), I noticed that what i was told about the four wheel drive was wrong. Not sure what T-case is in it (would be nice to know I just havent really looked). Any way I was told the stock one was pulled and the one in it ran backwards from what the diplay ran (talking about the shift sequence)...Any way this is wrong... I think! Do to some driving in the rain and feeling the wheels slip is my reasoning.Here is my problem and what i assume the reason i was told this...When I am in 2 high (Shifter all the way forward) the trans. dose not change gears into 3rd, it feels like it changes twice but that would mean it is a four speed which i though th-350 was a 3 speed auto. It also has a B&M slap shifter in. However when the four wheel unit shifter ia all the way down...it will go through all the gears and even do fine on the freeway( Which i assume is four low but still unsure).what is the problem?

Old 10-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!

You really haven't given us much information. Get us definite answers on what you have for a transmission and a transfer case and we'll be able to help.

And please limit your questions to this thread. Spreading it around is called Double Posting and is prohibited by the rules of the forum.