Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Kresser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transmission

Hello

I have an automatic transmission, when is it supposed to start pulling the car, when you take foot off brake or first when you push the accelerator.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Transmission

An automatic should have a certain amount of forward movement when you let off the brake (if in a forward gear), but this highly depends on the surface, tire pressures, and inclination. Also influencing this is the condition of the braking system on the vehicle. If you have a caliper that is not freely sliding on its pins, you could have some added drag that will not allow the vehicle to roll on it's own.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:40 PM
Kresser is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick reply, my car starts to roll when i let of brake so this is okay, it is just my dad got a new car with aut, and it holds the brake until the acc. is pushed, but it is also a european car.

Old 05-31-2007, 03:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It also depends on what the idle speed of the engine is. When the engine is cold, the idle speed will be higher, causing more transfer of power through the torque converter.

Shouldn't be anything to worry about.