Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

trouble code

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 11:09 AM
sbhoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default trouble code

I need help. I have hadmy trans rebuilt two times allready. The shop is saying that I am blowing the trans to do the motot. They said it is throwing a 0341 trouble code and has a bad miss. I replace the cam positioning sensor about a year ago . The engine light has not been on and I did not get any codes until last night. The engine light came on so I scanned the truck and got the 0341 code. I went out and drove it a little bit later and the light went off. Any clue to what is going on or what the problem may be.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:37 PM
MNHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: trouble code

Um, rough idel is burning out your trany and caused it to be rebuilt TWICE. Now that is just odd. I would lay my bet on they rebuilt it badly to the need for a second rebuild.

CMP Sensor Circuit Performance (P0341)

There is your code from off the topic post on codes.

as for the trany needing a second rebuild, how long did it take before you needed the second rebuild?

Old 03-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point

What year is your truck, and how many miles are on it? I have seen the dist. gears wear out on these and when they do it throws the cam retard off and will set a code. I have seen them where they were so bad, that when you pull the dist. the gears are about as sharp as a razor. Korey.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:08 PM
sbhoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a 95 blazer with 170,000 miles on it. The trans needed to be rebuilt a second time about 6 months after initial rebuild. My problem is that the trans shop pulled the code and told me that if I do not fix the problem they are going to void my warranty. I know I probably needed the second rebuild because they screwed up the first time. I kept leaking trans fluid. The truck does run rough and shifts from first to second gear real hard. I allready replaced the cam positioning sensor and still throw a code.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Kordog

I have seen the dist. gears wear out on these and when they do it throws the cam retard off and will set a code. I have seen them where they were so bad, that when you pull the dist. the gears are about as sharp as a razor. Korey.
Just mark the dist, and pull it. Than check the gear, with those kind of miles on it I am willing to bet that is the problem. Korey