Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

what is this??

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:54 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by waldon005
Lmao!! you guys act like im reaching in blind and jerkin things around. I just noticed it was loose.
Well that's what you made it sound like.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Starting Member
W2JGA is an unknown quantity at this point

Dang, give him some room to breathe.

I never, ever opened a tranny until 2 years ago when my 4T60E crapped the differential pin. I went online to ATSG and purchased one of the manuals. 1 hour later, I had every single part out of the case laid out for inspection. 2 weeks later and some new parts, I had it back together and running great with no problems, AND this still happened with NO special tools. Just common hand tools I have in the tool box.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*IF* someone is very meticulous, patient, and have the proper information in front of them, rebuilding an automatic transmission properly the first time is possible. Sometimes it is difficult to make those calls on the internet when talking with people you know nothing about though...

Old 05-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Beginning Member
waldon005 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a bunch of manuals for this tranny. I spent four years in the Marine corps fixing trucks. the humvee as you all call them has the 4l80e tranny. I only asked what it was. I didnt say i took anything apart. I took the pan off and noticed it was loose. I grabbed ahold of it and it wiggled. Thats all I did. One more thing, I dug out my military manuals and I rebuilt the transmission by myself. It works perfect. I still couldnt tell you a single thing about a transmission without the manual. Thanks to all who put in their two cents.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:30 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Good job.
More than I would have tried, without a spare to swap in, just in case. LOL. Don't take offense most everybody is just trying to help.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:08 AM
Beginning Member
waldon005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

Im not taking offense and i appreciate the effort to help. I obviously know that you cant just start yanking things out of a transmission. If you could then we wouldnt need a manual now would we.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Glad everything worked out! You might know that you cannot just start yanking on things, but we do not know you know that... It is always difficult trying to explain how to fix complex and somewhat delicate systems to people you know nothing about.