Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

What Next?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What Next?

Well first of all i finaly fixed the transmission. the tranny guy was just baiting me for money. what happen was some one tried to fix the leak in the same place. well they couldnt find a gasket for it either so they just slapped a bead of silicon between the two halfs without taking the old gasket off.

second i took the EGR valve off and it didnt look too bad. ya there was carbon in there and i tried to clean it out the best i could. but for ****s and grins i put it back in there but didnt plug it back in.to me the "burping" sounded a little less intense then when i plugged it in. so i think my EGR is going but the auto store wants $219 for a new one.........ouch i cant realy afford that and i checked my local junk yard and they dont have one so i'm kinda stuck. Is it my EGR or is there something else in there that went and took the EGR with it. and is there a place online were i can get a new EGR fora reasonabler price?

Old 03-30-2008, 07:54 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: What Next?

You might maybe consider updating your exsisting thread, but I see this is a bit of a different question, so I suppose you're fine

And Rock Auto Parts has AC Delcos for $140

Old 03-30-2008, 09:40 PM

will a 1998 4.3L S10 blazerEGR valve work on my 94 4.3L S10 blazer engine?

Old 03-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No. The newer EGR valves provide feedback to the PCM. If it were to bolt up, you would have to change the connector to get it to work electronically. Even after doing that, the PCM may not be able to control the valve.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:44 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Ahhh didn't think about year's before mentioning rock auto. My apologies.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:45 PM

sry it is a s10 truck but same size engine

Old 03-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The AC Delco valve for '94 CPI motor is $123 from RockAuto.com. Looks like there are two different designs though...

Old 03-30-2008, 09:48 PM

its ok found it used on ebay for $25 thought i could get a buy

Old 03-30-2008, 09:49 PM

found one for my year ,used $40 think i'll get that one

Old 03-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Please use the edit feature to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. Consecutive posting is another form of double posting and is prohibitted. Thanks!

Quick Reply: What Next?