Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

1993 full size blazer 2 door need new fuel line

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Beginning Member
icemanthe1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your imput but I don't think you understand what line I am replacing. It has a female end on it not a male end, I have no need to half *** this project since I am putting on a new fuel tank, fuel sending unit, brake lines, so putting on a new line for me is the right thing. So if you choose to use a ******* fitting on your stuff go ahead but no thanks on mine. End of story I got the new line UPS today.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:47 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Listen, you asked for our input and that is exactly what you received. Then you told us that we were wrong when that is not the case at all. There is nothing half-assed about what we suggested, other than in a matter of your opinion; to which I think you just don't get it. If you can't see that, that's your loss. We'll continue to repair our trucks and have money for where it counts while you replace everything...

Happy motoring! Maybe try to be a smidgen more open minded...

Old 07-25-2012, 12:26 PM
70-K5 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by icemanthe1
The line I ordered has a rubber hose at the end with a fitting to connect to the fuel sending unit.The rubber hose is because it need to be flexible to be able to let down the tqank if a new fuel pump is needed. Its best to just get the right part for the vehicle and do it right one time. Fuel lines and brake lines are not a good idea to just half fix it so it will hold because it never does hold. I was hoping to find one at the lowest price is why I posted, GM parts east saved me some money.
Maybe we misunderstood what you were asking because you had a crappy description of the part you were after. So that we understand please post a picture of the item or maybe a link to the shady E-bay seller you purchased it from.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:30 PM

Oh, and check out how you can buy tools to make your own fuel lines... You can even put male and female ends on the line. You can make whatever you want.

Fuel & Brake Line Fabrication: Step By Step Guide

Fuel Lines

those are just the first two results from Google "How to make your own fuel lines"

Old 07-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Beginning Member

Check my original post it was not for suggestions on how to repair a fuel line. I ask if any one knew any parts place to get hard to find parts. And yes since it is my money my blazer I will do it how it satisfies me, and you do it your way to yours. No picture was needed since you don't sell parts, but I do thank you for your suggestions sorry I hurt your feelings by not doing my Blazer your way.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:13 AM
Starting Member
THePaRaSiTE5771 is on a distinguished road

The answer to the poster's question could have simply been answered from a quick search on google. Instead he posts it here and insults the members that try to help him. Can anyone else say "jerk off"?

Old 07-26-2012, 10:32 AM

As an alternative to recommending a store where you could find the "hard to find parts," which by the way we don't even know where you live... is to suggest a way to create your own parts.

You probably take your Blazer to Jiffy Lube and let them flush your transmission and clean your injectors...

Here's a tip, change your blinker fluid before you're stranded!

Old 07-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Beginning Member

No I do my own work and unlike people like you who half do the job I use only Delco, or OEM parts in my GM vehicles. You don't need to know where I live the internet is world wide, I can and have repaired most any parts on a car or truck during my life time. Next time some one wants to find a hard to find part if you don't know where to get one just keep your small mind thoughts to yourself I did not need your advice to just half way fix something.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Starting Member
THePaRaSiTE5771 is on a distinguished road

Keep spending more money on the Delco parts while we do it the way we want and save money and have a repair that is just as good as yours. That is, if you do your own work to your vehicles, which it doesn't sound like you know too much about working on a vehicle. If you don't want any of our advice, then please leave. This site is for people who are mature enough to respect other's repair advice, clearly this is too much to ask of you.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Beginning Member

Yes I will only use quaility parts for my GM vehicles, and even after I posted that I found the part I was looking for I was told to just hook a rubber line to a ******* fitting. It appears that some on here have such ego's that when some one who posts does not want their repair advice it hurts their feelings. I never did ask for repair advice I was just looking to see if some knew of a on line parts site to find hard to find parts. As far as my knowledge of repair I will match my abilities to anyone on this site. I am not a back yard wrench dropper who uses duct tape and bailing wire to repair. So Parasite go fix your knocking pully be sure to find a cheap part and hope it will last.

Quick Reply: 1993 full size blazer 2 door need new fuel line