Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

5.7 Fuel troubles

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Starting Member
ghanjaman is on a distinguished road
Talking

My 94 blazer just strait up shut off as i was driving and wont start bak up checked the full pump i still hear it running fuel pours out of the fuel filter when i try to disconnect it. what should i try next? or what else could it be

and i tried undoing the filter engine side not tank side so if it was clogged i would think it wouldnt dump fuel out just after cracking it loose a little bit any and all help would be great

Old 07-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

We need more details on the model and what else have you checked. You need to check fuel pressure at the motor if thats what you think may be wrong. Just cause its leaking out in front of the filter doesn't mean it has the necessary pressure to make the engine run. Please give us some more detail!!

Old 07-06-2012, 10:31 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Have you checked for spark? pull the coil wire off,and lay it barely back on,have friend turn motor over and look for a arch.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Starting Member

it fires up when you put a little gas in the throttle body and idles fine for a few seconds and then dies and wont refire got spark all day long just wont get fuel doesnt look like im getting any fuel into the tbi bone dry . and its a a full size 94 k-1500 with a Throttle body injected 350 i was told it was the fuel pump but i read on how to check it i have only had my truck for 3 weeks got to say i love it already ive always wanted a fullsize blazer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- EDIT -------------------------------------
just unhooked my fuel intake line from the throttle body and nothing dripped out or anything doesnt seem like i have pressure up to the throttle body

Last edited by rriddle3; 07-06-2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 07-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Starting Member
Question 94 k1500 5.7 getting no fuel

I have only had my 1994 k-1500 blazer with a tbi 350 for 3 weeks now. And it just shut off when i was driving and wont start back up. Dump a little gas into the tbi and it fires up for a few seconds. i unscrew my gas cap turn the ignition on and run bak i hear my fuel pump running. if i loosen the engine side of my fuel filter starts to drip gas.. seems like its getting threw it.but didnt get any drips or anything when i unhooked the fuel line from my TBI. would i still get fuel at the filter but just not enough pressure going threw it to get fuel to the tbi? any ideas would be helpfull. im already in love with it havent had a chevy since my 77 4x4.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Beginning Member
Zzzblazer95 is on a distinguished road
Talking

I had a similar problem with my 5.7 liter vette back in the day not saying this is it im just throwing it out there on a cold start remove your air filter to beable to see if your getting fuel sprayed out of the tbi im not sure with these blazers if its a just one injector or multiple if its just the single tho you should beable to monitor the spray coming out of the injector if your getting fuel then for a few minutes and it cuts off after a few more minutes then i would lean towards your computer but dont rule that out yet check your voltage at the fuel pump and also the fuel pump relay if that all turns out all good make sure you test the psi and monitor it for a bit while the engine is running im not for sure what the psi should be but it should be dont quote me least 16psi-20 on idle if your losing psi as the engine warms up thats one thing if your psi is perfect and steady and all the sudden the psi just completely cuts off id be leaning towards the ecm (computer) do a search on the obd1 this is for being stranded on the side of the road locate the fuel pump wire that is attached to the obd1 connector jump that wire to a constant 12v power it should kick on your pump for a temp drive home let me know what you find out tho i may or may be wrong just throwing this one out there back then i had to deal with 2 tbi's cutting off and a few tows home it sucked so if i can save a person the same headache id be happy to do that for them

Old 07-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

HMMM see I think I'm on to something here. Now that you know your not getting fuel to the motor start there and work your way back to the fuel pump. Not to many things it could be. Bad fuel line, clogged filter, or the pump could be bad. Might be one or two other things but those are the place to start. Also you should ask a mod to combine this thread with your new thread that you just started in the k5 section where it should be. Hence me asking for more infor on my first post

Old 07-06-2012, 01:18 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*Combined two threads on the same subject. Double posting is against Forum rules*

Old 07-06-2012, 01:46 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

If you have no pressure up to the engine,then obviously its a bad line,or something with the pump. Completely remove the inlet side of the filter and have someone turn the key,if it barely runs out or drips,replace the pump with only a ac delco pump.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Starting Member

unhooked it at inlet side of fuel filter turned the motor over started to spit fuel out pretty good gonna go pick up a filter for now

Quick Reply: 5.7 Fuel troubles