Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

couple quick blazer Q?'s.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 09:09 PM
jimmyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default couple quick blazer Q?'s.

Im 15 about to get my license, and me and my dad share a 1990 corvette that i have been rebuilding for a while so ive really wanted to get into building cars. So i had an 05 explorer with almost no miles that i inherited, and my dad totaled his daily driver so i sold him my explorer for 15k (Im a chevy guy). Now I'm 15, and have 15k and all the time in the world. So heres my question: Im currently looking at an 84 blazer to build up. the cars a little under 5k so id have plenty of money to do so. I want a daily driver / weekend offroader, not a 10" lift mud beast.

My main concern is that I need to fit 3 people (at least), so would it be possible to fit a bench into the blazer, with reasonable room? (Its an auto tranny).

Thanks guys.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:11 PM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

I believe they came stock with a rear bench seat. Maybe the one you're looking at just had it ripped out? If that's the case, you can easily find a used one and throw it in there.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:32 PM
jimmyblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mech cb
I believe they came stock with a rear bench seat. Maybe the one you're looking at just had it ripped out? If that's the case, you can easily find a used one and throw it in there.
you mean like one under the removable roof?

heres the one im looking at: http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/1369917593.html

and id like just a front bench seat and thats it.

oh i got it now there is a whole interior going all the way back to the tailgate?

Would it be doable to remove the back seat, and the top, strip the rear interior like a truck bed, but make some sort off quick detach setup for the rear bench so i can take it on and off quickly, without losing safety?

Last edited by rriddle3; 09-18-2009 at 11:34 PM. Reason: CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 09-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Beginning Member
Torque is on a distinguished road

It is possible, but it sounds liek you just want a shortbox truck, so why not buy one instead, with a bench in the front there wont be much room. so its easier to just buy a pickup with a bench, and a bed. voila your done.;

Old 09-19-2009, 10:27 AM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

If you want, you can pull out both front bucket seats and install a bench seat with no problem. That's a pretty sweet truck though!

Old 09-20-2009, 09:50 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jimmyblazer
you mean like one under the removable roof?

oh i got it now there is a whole interior going all the way back to the tailgate?

Would it be doable to remove the back seat, and the top, strip the rear interior like a truck bed, but make some sort off quick detach setup for the rear bench so i can take it on and off quickly, without losing safety?

The real bench seat has a latch at the back that allows the the back rest of the bench seat to fold to the seat and another latch that allows the entire bench to be folded up against the back of the front seats. If you wanted to entirely remove the seat you could probably use pins in the hinges on the front of the seat and pull said pins when you want to remove the bench.