Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

fiber shell bracket

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 02:27 AM
Starting Member
yarinzim is on a distinguished road
Default fiber shell bracket

hi guys, this was taken in my blazer k5, 1990, can anyone tell me what it is?

Attached Thumbnails fiber shell bracket-2011-06-14-17.46.25.jpg  
Old 06-15-2011, 05:48 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I believe those bosses are the anchor bolt locations for the rear seat shoulder belt.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:59 AM
Starting Member

and do you have any idea where can i get belts like these, even just the brackets? i actually wasn't able to find a picture in order to understand how it looks

Old 06-15-2011, 06:05 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Junkyard, ebay, perhaps LMCTruck.com or ClassicTruck.com...

Old 06-15-2011, 06:10 AM
Starting Member

i don't know what it looks like so it's hard for me to know what i'm looking for.
lmc got none, to find a k5 in Israeli junkyards is like winning a lottery and i couldn't find anything on eBay either. i just need a picture of that thing in order to know what i'm looking for more clearly

Old 06-15-2011, 06:16 AM
Administrator

Get looking. Google Image search might help. A search for "K5 rear seat belt" might just work.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:06 AM
Starting Member

no luck, I've tried dozens of words combination, couldn't find a single snapshot of a belt

Old 06-15-2011, 07:27 AM
Administrator

A retractor bolts straight to the top and there is another buckle for it in the seat. It really isn't something I would go looking for unless you are being forced into it due to regulations. Bad things can happen if someone is belted in and the vehicle is rolled.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:31 AM
Starting Member

you're right on the money. it is only due to safety regulations which are strict in Israel.
i must have those seat belts in order to drive with four passengers.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Administrator

If you need shoulder belts in the back, I would fab a roll cage and bolt the shoulder belts to the roll cage, not to the top. Just safer that way.

If you don't go that route, then get two more buckles to mount to the seat, and two retractors to bolt to the top. Generic stuff will work.

Quick Reply: fiber shell bracket