Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

need help with electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 05:11 PM
my
Beginning Member
my is an unknown quantity at this point
Default odd electrical problem

hay i have a 1993 k5 blazer some times when i turn the key the allarm turns on but it sounds like i have a dead battery but if you try to turn it over again it starts up no problem that dose not bother me it is that it resets my electric air controls and my after market cd player the owner before me was an idiot and did not know how to wir any thing he had all his spices ductaped and half assed so i have had to go through and re do all of it and i have done this tipe of stuff befor so i know what i am doing and the truck worked fine after i had done it it has ben two months sense i have done any thing to the truck so i dont know what may have happened any ideas thanks

Old 03-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: odd electrical problem

Aftermarket alarm?

Old 03-05-2009, 07:41 PM
my
Beginning Member
Angry need help with electrical problem

i have a 1993 k5 blazer when i turn it over the warning buzzer gose off but it sounds like i have a dead battery but the truck starts fine and it is a newer battery but after i start it the heat and ac controls are reset to factory and they are all electric controls also my after market cd player is reset to factory and it is off i had bought the blazer from a fire fighter and he thought that he could wire up lights and sirens but he had no clue so after i got it home i had to go through and fix all of his splices and after i did that avery thing work fine better than before i know it is not at any of my slices because i used wire crimps on the conections so if any of you can help it would be great thanks

Old 03-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Merged old and new threads on this subject*
Please try to keep things together.

So from your new description, I now see that you hear the buzzer. You must have some wires crossed from the ignition switch somewhere. Nothing should reset.

Now you say that you spliced all of the wires back together. Are you sure that you got everything connected back up properly?

Old 03-08-2009, 06:39 PM
my
Beginning Member

no after market alarms and no have not crossed wires the buzzer is the same one that gose off when you do not have your seat bealt on

Old 03-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Ok, then your truck is possessed...

There has to be a fault somewhere that is causing your difficulties. The evidence is right in front of you. Nothing should be resetting like it has lost power. You either have a failing ignition switch or there is something else wrong in the wiring; something connected improperly or other damage that you have not yet found from previous "work" under the dash. You have to dig into it.

If you are in need of a wiring schematic, I can see what I can do, but there are many systems under there and it would take quite a while to dig up all of the schematics that may have been tampered with. If you need something, be specific about what it is you need and I will see what I can find.

The following manuals would cover your vehicle in every aspect:
(1) ST37593 - 1993 C/K Truck Shop Manual
(2) ST37593EDD - 1993 C/K Truck Electrical Diagram
(3) ST33393 - 1993 Light Truck Unit Repair
(4) ST33693 - 1993 Light Truck Fuel And Emission

Manual #2 will have every electrical diagram available for your truck and is available for under $40 + S/H from a few different manual resellers.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:11 PM
my
Beginning Member

thanks i had gon over it jester day and i just happened to see that one of my fog lights wire had ben split and was hiting on the fir wall and was grounding out everything and had made it reset i reran the wir with new and it stopped that problem thanks for your help

Old 03-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Good! Glad you fixed the issue.