Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

Stock ride height on 93 K1500

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Beginning Member
GregC5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stock ride height on 93 K1500

I was wondering if anyone knew the stock ride height for a 1993 K1500. Particularly, what is the difference between the front and the rear? The previous owner has the front suspension cranked up, and I want to get it back to close to stock this weekend.

I noticed in other threads that on the S10s about 4 turns on the torsion bar adjustment bolt resulted in about 1 inch of height adjustment. Is this ratio about the same for the full-size blazers?

Thanks.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:45 PM
rlawrencek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Stock ride height on 93 K1500

For my 92 Blazer K5, the stock height is approx when the heads of the torsion bolts are flush with the bracket they are held up by.Kinda hard to explain for me right now.The cross beam that the torsion bolts go thru, I backed mine off until the heads of the bolts lined up with the cross beam and that seems stock for mine.it improved my handling alot, it used to go all over the road and now i just cruise and it dosnt go all over the place, but i did take off the 33 inch mud tires and put some 265/75/16 michelins on with stock backspacing on the rims aswell.So my rims are now sitting under the truck instead of sticking out the sides a couple inches.Much better truck now.I will try and draw a pic on photoshop to show you what i mean about the bolt heads being flush.
Edit:cant upload pic, so wont be able to post pic sorry.
You loosen off until bolt head is flush with lower part of I beam (i think its called)
If thats not good and too low for your tires, just crank up as little as possible until it meets your needs.I think you will be very happy with the results if you like a nice ride that is stable and relaxing.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Stock ride height on 93 K1500

The 4 turns per 1 inch on the torsion bar bolt does not really hold true between vehicles that were identical coming off of the assembly line. Each bar will have a slightly different spring rate which affects how much adjustment they need to attain proper ride height.

As far as the stock ride height of your truck, the truck was most likely flat or possibly slightly raked forward (lower front than back), but not much. For specific numbers, I would need to look that up in my references which are home.