Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 08:03 PM
Nemesis76 is on a distinguished road
Default what to do?

I just got my K5 and I think she needs to be louder. I have a set of headman headers for it, but I don't know if I should outfit her with the purple hornies glasspacks I have sitting around (they were for my Monte Carlo) or if I should do straight pipe with Flowmaster 40s. Does anyone have any input? It's greatly appreciated

Old 03-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have flowmaster super 40's, 2.5" true duals, and headman headers on my '74. I like the sound but it can be annoying at times. I really need to get the exhaust finished out the back of the truck which will done it down some more.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Starting Member
Z71_Guy is on a distinguished road

I have long tubes straight back to Thrush welded mufflers and it sounds great