Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

1993 full size blazer 2 door need new fuel line

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Beginning Member
icemanthe1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1993 full size blazer 2 door need new fuel line

I am looking for a new fuel line for my 93 full size chevy blazer it is 5.7 v-8 has a 30 gal fuel tank I need the rear fuel line that connects to the fuel tank any idea's where to get these seem to be hard to find parts.

Last edited by icemanthe1; 07-20-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:45 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

it is possible to make your own depending on how easily the bad part is accessable. mine was rotted to heck on my 90 c1500 and made my own out of fuel line and a fuel line repair kit from autozone.

if its rotted at the tank itself you will probably need a new sending unit

Old 07-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Starting Member
THePaRaSiTE5771 is on a distinguished road

Go to a junkyard. It's not hard to find parts for any Chevy truck.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:44 PM
Beginning Member

I have looked at a local pick and pull but it seems that the area between the fuel tank and rear cargo area on a blazer creates a lot of rust. Part of the line is rubber that hooks to the tank ( fuel pump ) and the metal part and the connections get very heavy with rust. A new one is 150 special order from the dealer, also replacing all the brake lines, fuel tank, sanding the underbody and using frame saver on it after it is clean. I was just hoping to save a few bucks if some one knew an online parts site for these fuel lines.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:24 AM
70-K5 is on a distinguished road

Rubber fuel line is available at any parts store. Metal line is available at parts stores too. You might have to buy some flaring tools to make the fittings but if you're doing brake lines then you'll need one of those anyways.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks but it has tbi and a hose clamp on rubber to metal will not work I found a new one at gm parts east just now ordered it. 70 bucks less than the dealer but same part.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

TBI fuel systems only run ~9-12psi of pressure depending on the regulator setting. You can put a slight flare on the end of the metal line to give the clamp something to seat against and it'll hold just fine. Peace of mind is worth more though.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:13 AM
Beginning Member

The line I ordered has a rubber hose at the end with a fitting to connect to the fuel sending unit.The rubber hose is because it need to be flexible to be able to let down the tqank if a new fuel pump is needed. Its best to just get the right part for the vehicle and do it right one time. Fuel lines and brake lines are not a good idea to just half fix it so it will hold because it never does hold. I was hoping to find one at the lowest price is why I posted, GM parts east saved me some money.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:06 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I speak from experience with what I suggest and know that it will hold if done correctly since I have done it on much higher pressure systems without problems. If you want to spend the money on OE lines, go for it, but it isn't a necessity by a long day shot given the fuel system on your truck nor is it a 'half fix'. It's what is considered a repair with generic parts. That's all I'm saying.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:52 AM
70-K5 is on a distinguished road

I agree with Swartlkk on this. His method to produce a flare on the end of the metal line is sufficient and not a 'half-***' fix. You could also bend the line, get a compression fitting for the end of the line with a threaded output then screw on a ****** fitting for the hose.

The OE style or equipment is not always the best way to go. For a very clear example look at the electrical system... They use the minimum wire gauge necessary, this can lead to poor performance and in older vehicles and in the case of headlight switches be dangerous.

Quick Reply: 1993 full size blazer 2 door need new fuel line