General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

"Watch out for flying rocks"

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 04:29 PM
FirehawkNS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "Watch out for flying rocks"

You know it figures that I would only have this truck for 2 months when the first thing would happen to it. I went out to lunch yesterday and while on the drive heard a loud pop when a dump truck went flying the opposite direction. I knew it was a rock and that it hit the windshield, but didn't see a mark so I just shrugged and went on, it happens. Got off of work and walked out to the car and there is a nice 6 inch long crack running up the center of the windshield. Upon further examination the damn rock hit right below the driver side wiper and I guess while parked in the sun during the day cracked up the window. Guess I will have to see if NC really does require insurance to replace windows without charging your regular deductible. The rumor will soon be tested.

[:@]

Old 10-03-2007, 04:45 PM
99 Blazer 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: "Watch out for flying rocks"

I've had that happen before it sure sucks. Its a state law where I live that they must cover their load but the cops don't enforce it. Its too much paper work. The front, the fenders, the hood and the windshield looks as if it was sandblasted. My window has like two spots that will probably crack this winter. I thought I'd have scratches from the 4 wheelin' I do but my truck takes more abuse from dumb semi drivers that are too lazy to cover their damn load instead.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:06 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: "Watch out for flying rocks"

man thats sucks, my buddy had one bust his grill, headlights and windshield and dentsed and chipped his hood