General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

**Walmart - Parts & Accessories Thread: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly**

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 08:30 PM
ChevyBlazer4uHaters is on a distinguished road
Default **Walmart - Parts & Accessories Thread: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly**

Lately, I have been almost addicted to going to Walmart, and shopping for my Blazer in the Auto and Audio (I know I know) aisles. So far, pretty impressed. I probably spend on average, maybe $20 or so, per item, and I have yet to have anything negative to report. My last 2 purchases have been:

1. "Sport Performance" Seat Covers, by Auto Expressions - $20/each
4.5 out of 5 stars! That is if they stand the test of time....we shall see! Feels kinda like leather, definitely more comfortable than the factory cloth.

2. Sylvania Xtravision Headlights - right around $17
4 out of 5 stars. Much better lighting, as expected, but the improvement of my left/right field of view is what surprised me. Wasn't expecting it! Good Brand.

So.....Anybody else want to comment on some good (or bad) buys at the infamous SUPERSTORE?? Dumb idea for a thread??

I would be glad to hear all input, thanks...

Attached Thumbnails **Walmart - Parts & Accessories Thread: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly**-7ikl.png   **Walmart - Parts & Accessories Thread: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly**-jfis.png   **Walmart - Parts & Accessories Thread: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly**-rx7n.png  
Old 01-08-2014, 08:32 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I do not shop at walmart, so I wont be able to contribute to this conversation.. Walmart is a horrible corporation that does not care about its employees and drives small business out of town.

That being said... Will be interesting to see what others have gotten from there.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by richphotos
Walmart is a horrible corporation that does not care about its employees and drives small business out of town.

That being said... Will be interesting to see what others have gotten from there.

Agree 100%....but it doesn't bother me enough to where I will feel guilty for shopping there, lol....

Good point though!

Old 01-08-2014, 08:39 PM

How about the prices for tires?? Pretty good compared to the local "tire store" competitors??

Will need 2 new front tires sometime in the next 2-3 months...

Thanks

Old 01-08-2014, 08:50 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

The only auto accessory I've ever bought from wal-mart was a chrome gear shift handle for my '71 volvo. Looked pretty cool, but would burn the crap outta my hand after sitting in the texas sun all day!!! LOL

Old 01-08-2014, 09:03 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazer4uHaters
How about the prices for tires?? Pretty good compared to the local "tire store" competitors??

Will need 2 new front tires sometime in the next 2-3 months...

Thanks
For tires I go to a local place that will match any price locally LOL

Old 01-08-2014, 09:30 PM

I did have a negative experience there, to correct myself in the original post. Just now came to mind:

You never really hear anything positive when it comes to Walmart Car Audio, in general...is this pretty much accurate?

I would think so, and would have to agree with any statement along the lines of "stay away" or "avoid completely".

Which I should say, I did purchase a pair of 6x9 Scosche speakers, to replace the factory speakers in the rear.

Hmmm....maybe 2.5 out of 5 stars? Have since been replaced, fyi....
Price: Around $30 for the pair
Could tell NO difference between them and the factory cardboard "speakers".
Spend $20-30 more, and get some better, name-brand speakers, IMO. Well worth the investment.

In summary: RUN.

Thoughts??

Attached Thumbnails **Walmart - Parts & Accessories Thread: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly**-atqf.png  
Old 01-08-2014, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by cleburne red
The only auto accessory I've ever bought from wal-mart was a chrome gear shift handle for my '71 volvo. Looked pretty cool, but would burn the crap outta my hand after sitting in the texas sun all day!!! LOL

LOL, thanks for the input!

Note to self: Stay away from the Gear Shifters, or at least, proceed with caution...

Old 01-08-2014, 10:03 PM
BF Veteran

I can say, back in the day, I used to go to walmart for their model car section... but they got rid of that LOL

Old 01-08-2014, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by richphotos
For tires I go to a local place that will match any price locally LOL
Very nice sir...

Quick Reply: **Walmart - Parts & Accessories Thread: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly**