General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

08 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 09:12 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 08 blazer

ORIGINAL: Idriveachevy

equinoxes are stupid, they are technically an SUV body, but not a Sport UTILITY Vehicle, too much of a car IMO...
ya i really dont like em either i think its just a basic copy of the trailblazer and kinda a repeat vehicle they dont need

Old 03-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Redmenhockey10 is an unknown quantity at this point

the blazer has always been for the sporty person one who needs to get somewhere using 4 wheel drive so they can get to there favorite fishing spot taking away the blazer took that away really the tahoe is to big and expensive for the average person

Old 03-02-2008, 09:46 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

The Trailblazer, along with many more so called SUVs, is a poor attempt to attract soccer dads away from being embarrassed by driving a minivan. That's it, plain and simple. The original Blazer was made as an offroad capable vehicle and about the time they started putting four doors on them it all went to hell. Not to offend those with the four doors, as a few folks have made them offroad capable, but the last true offroad Blazer made from the factory was the ZR2. I wouldn't go so far as to say the Z71 Tahoes are made to be offroad capable as more to appeal to soccer dad. The day they started making trucks, in general, ride like cars was the end of making a true offroad vehicle. Now days, when someone is on the lot looking at a truck they are more concerned with what options it comes with more than towing capacity and ground clearance. This is why the Rubicon is so successful.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:50 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The last true off road Blazer was the K5. Solid axle FTW.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:35 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Bring back the s-series blazers in colorado trim with updated interior and body!!! Oh and with more motor options then v6 or 4 cylinder!!

Old 03-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Starting Member
jimbosv650 is an unknown quantity at this point

I made this in paint a while back. What do you all think?

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p..._gallery13.jpg

Old 03-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Idriveachevy

equinoxes are stupid, they are technically an SUV body, but not a Sport UTILITY Vehicle, too much of a car IMO...
I totally agree. And I like your Colorado-chassis concept, Jimbo! I just wish they'd re-do the face of the Colorado. IMO, the lights are too big.

Will - the K5 concept also looks cool, but I think I would want a slightly longer wheelbase. I also wish they'd let people opt for manual transmissions again, but I think it would take a major world crisis for that to happen.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:04 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

i dunno.....i think GM is doing very well with the TB...i mean my parents bought an 07 SS TB and that thing is a beast.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Beginning Member
01BlazerLT is an unknown quantity at this point

The TrailBlazer, Envoy and Rainer are all getting ready to be phased out, they are being replaced by the Lamda vehicles, Saturn Outlook, GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave and the soon to be introduced Chevy Traverse http://www.chevrolet.com/traverse/. There will be no midsize/small SUV's with true 4wd, only AWD.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:21 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Ever seen a lifted trailblazer? Looks pretty freakin sweet

I like the mid-size SUV thing chevy has going on. But not the acadia-type. That looks like a bubble on wheels to me [:'(]. Hopefully that Traverse (hate the name though) will flow a bit better!