General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

08 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 01:51 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 08 blazer

ORIGINAL: jimbosv650

I made this in paint a while back. What do you all think?

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p..._gallery13.jpg
that looks tight! if they did that i would buy one.

ORIGINAL: WolfPack
I like the mid-size SUV thing chevy has going on. But not the acadia-type. That looks like a bubble on wheels to me [:'(]. Hopefully that Traverse (hate the name though) will flow a bit better!
ya i agree i hate the look of the acadia and others. just dont like the styling on them like u said they r just too bubbly or something

Old 03-04-2008, 04:13 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I like the colorado/blazer rendition done in paint. I think the lights on the colorado look stupid both front and rear lights. If the front lights were smaller they would look better imo. I would definately buy one that looked like that rendition. The trailblazers are cool, i haven't looked into them much, but I got to say the midsized gen blazers are sweet, wish they could continue on that wheel base and chasis and just give it some newer looks. I don't like the looks of the "traverse" but the acadia is sort of sweet (at least when i first saw it).

Old 03-04-2008, 05:39 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

I doubt Chevy is ever going to make another 2dr offroad capable SUV. The market cares more about the environment and fuel economy than to have a V8 in a small suv with big tires and solid axles. Those days are long gone boys.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:44 PM
WhiteTie BlackJacket is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah mom was looking at getting a trailblazer and I was really hoping she would decide against it (she did, the charger ships out on the 13th) And we looked at one of the new durangoes...it didnt have any more ground clearance than the friggin town and country sitting next to it. All this crossover business is a bunch of BS too.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:57 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: willjones
The market cares more about the environment and fuel economy than to have a V8 in a small suv with big tires and solid axles. Those days are long gone boys.
Look into Land Rovers when you get a chance

Old 03-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah but land rovers have the worst mantience of any vechile, including mercedes, which is pretty hard to beat

and they will never bring back a TRUE off road vechile, except jeep

take toyota for example, the tacoma, is a nice truck, sits pretty high(mid off roading)
now their off roading verison the trd is basicly all power windows and looks, there is no more skid plating like the reg blaze compared to the zr4(complete, fo the most part)
nor dose it have any lift to it

all it really has is a big sticker the says offroading, and i would never take a stock z71 off roading, at least not the new ones, they look lower then stock trucks

Old 03-04-2008, 07:14 PM
WhiteTie BlackJacket is an unknown quantity at this point

A land rover will also cost you an arm and a leg...

Old 03-05-2008, 11:35 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Well, you can pay a bit more up front, and have a vehicle proven (camel trophy, TreK challenge, G4) offroad, or you can buy a non offroad vehicle, make it off road, then continually track down problems related to you modifications.

But it's all preference. As for the question a few posts back, is there anyone else that still makes solid axle V8s with offroad intentions?

Old 03-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Blazer man1998 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the trailblazer, which has 4x4 and all wheel drive option. my parents have an envoy and that thing is great. we never plan to take it off-roading, but the truck is a beast, great in snow, decent mpg's, and a great engine (4.2 I6). but the equinox is perfect for someone that wants something that sits high up, has cargo room, seeting for 5, and all wheel drive. its not a truck, it was designed as a smaller suv that gets pretty good mps's.
but i dont think anyone would ever take the new 07+ suburban or tahoes off-road. but the pre 07, a lot of people would. but especially the pre 2000. those were the TRUCKs! the 5.7 V8! same with the suburban. heck, the suburban even came with a diesel, not anymore.
Jeep has its line up, Toyota has the fj cruiser, nissan has the exterra, ford doesn't really have an off-road vehicle (they used to have the explorer sport) and now chevy doesn't either. the blazer was perfect!
if they brought it back with zenon lights, and just a basic refresh, a newer body style (but similiar) and interior. although i love everthing about my blazer, which i think of as a mini-suburban. and rework the 4.3 to make a good 250+ horsepower. put a locking deferential, maybe 31 inch tires stock. tow capacity of 5-6 thousand. i think that would be a success!

Old 03-07-2008, 02:13 AM
Starting Member
firemansc32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our best shot will most likely be a H3 with a Chevy facelift. Too bad the market place isn't looking for capable off-road stock trucks. Too many comparmisies(spelling) have to be made to get this kind of a truck into production. It'll have to ride smooth, get great mileage, and have luxuary trim package. All which are nice to have but take away from anything hardcore. Unless you want to shell out Land Rover, or Hummer kind of money. They won't really be to excited to build a truck for a limited market. The days of the off-road brute are all but gone. You really can't build a car-based off-road suv no can you. The plastic breaks too easily.
Even jeep is turning into a bunch of cars that are only so-so off-road. Sorry to be such a kill joy I would love to see a new blazer. I really wish trucks would stay trucks meant to work and not turn into people carriers. So are only true option is the save all of the old 4x4s that we can. Sadly someday us 4x4 drivers will be seen as evil as someone that clubs baby seals. Darn tree-hugging hippies and a few soccer moms for ruining our trucks.
[align=left] [/align]