General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

1969 Blazer CST. Restore or mod?

Old 09-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Beginning Member
Drzronnie is on a distinguished road
Question 1969 Blazer CST. Restore or mod?

I have a 69 Blazer CST that I am in the process of doing the sheet metal work on and I didnt know if this thing would be worth restoring stock or just lift it and keep it as a toy. If I go the stock route I imagine I would be putting it up for sale upon completion but I have never had a lifted truck before so I will probably keep it if I make it a big toy. I cant find out much info about this thing other than they made 4935 total in 69. If anybody knows anything that would be great. Thanks.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:57 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

1969 was the first year of the Blazer. (1970 for the Jimmy) Is it original? Does it still have drum front brakes?
If it is in decent shape then I would try and keep it as original as possible... there are only so many of them out there.
When I say "original"... I am not opposed to a lift and tires. You can always remove a lift and put on stock rubber later. I just wouldn't cut any sheet metal or weld on external roll cages, etc...

Old 09-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Beginning Member

It is in terrible shape but that doesnt bother me. It is all original, 307 I am guessing due to the tiny carb. Drum brakes and all. Repainted silver at sompoint, last registration was 1982 and the original color appears to be orange.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:22 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

RESTOMOD!!!!!

I would keep as much original as you can, and then mod it to YOUR taste.....

I would also look into a bigger motor to spin the tires, but freshen up the old motor and keep it around for sentimental value if you ever decide to make her back to original

Old 09-06-2010, 02:16 PM
2003 chevy blazer ls is on a distinguished road

definately would mod it but keep the body original even if you dont wheel with it to avoid damage i would lift it with some fat tires it would look crazy even save it for a show truck of some kind

Old 09-06-2010, 02:21 PM
blueblazer1982 is on a distinguished road

we need some pics

Old 09-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Beginning Member

Old 09-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta love the 1st gen K5's. That one is in rough shape though.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:39 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk View Post
Gotta love the 1st gen K5's. That one is in rough shape though.
The only part that is gonna suck is cutting apart repop shortbed bedsides to make the bedsides for this one. Rear floor is perfect and frame is somehow perfect. Front floor and rockers are the same as a truck so they are easy. Classic industries sell repop doors thank god cause they were unrepairable.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:49 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

I have to go with resto mod as well. To rare to make a buggy or a crawler out of it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1969 Blazer CST. Restore or mod?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.