General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

1995 Blazer intake put-together!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 01:14 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default 1995 Blazer intake put-together!!!

Our Auto Tech class at school justtrailered in a95 White 4-door 4wd Blazer that needs the intake manifoldput back on.I'm happy as aboar hogin a turd pile!!! There are only four of us in the class and we could pick between rebuilding the intake on an old Suburban or putting the Blazer back together.I chose the Blazer,everone else is working on the burb. Its gonna be a bigjob, and I'll have track downthe neccesary bolts to put the lower half of the manifold back on. There is supposed to be 12, I have five in the box that came with it.
Once I assemble the fasteners, its on like donkey kong! I love taking stuff apart and seeing how it works and putting it back together again! Especially on a vehicle I know something about and like. Ibought a haynes manual the other day....makes this project seemlike a big puzzle with directions.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 1995 Blazer intake put-together!!!

It wouldnt happen to have a hitch I could buy now would it? lol...

I wish they had auto class at the school I went to, sounds like a fun project!

Old 02-19-2008, 01:37 PM
BF Veteran

It belongs to someone.... if it didn't, I'd definately take a lug nut cover with me....

Oh and your duck with the red hat there kinda wigs me out....lol

Old 02-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point

The auto class at my school is a joke. there was a time when my dad went to my school when they would actually work on cars but now no one does anything. The kids in my class are stupid and dont do anything, there are only 4 or 5 kids that participate in that class, while the others stand and watch. An example fo their stupid is i was welding the other ay and one kid decides he is going to grab the bracket i made while i turn off the gas. i thought it was funny and he deserved it for being stupid

Old 02-19-2008, 01:53 PM
BF Veteran

We work tuesday-friday and monday is classroom day. If someone isn't doing any work, we have class or he gets pushups.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:37 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

It belongs to someone.... if it didn't, I'd definately take a lug nut cover with me....

I believe that is a chicken Brent :P

Old 02-20-2008, 01:31 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Thats cool you get to work on a blaze in auto class!! Show them who's boss on it!!!

Old 02-21-2008, 01:19 PM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: TheBrettster

I believe that is a chicken Brent :P
It has orange feet and a pecker,gimme a break!

Someloser went to take off the valve coversand turned theboltsthe wrong way with a big ratchet. Anyone know how to get broken bolts out??? I got two of them by using a center punch and a hammer. but the back one (the hardest to get to) is stuck fast.I think I'll get a lefty drill bit and try to back it out.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:52 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

Someloser went to take off the valve coversand turned theboltsthe wrong way with a big ratchet. Anyone know how to get broken bolts out??? I got two of them by using a center punch and a hammer. but the back one (the hardest to get to) is stuck fast.I think I'll get a lefty drill bit and try to back it out.
u gotta drill it out thats about the best way now that its broke

Old 02-22-2008, 07:48 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Just use an easy out for broken bolts, but be careful not to take the threads with the broken bolt!!