General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

2000 blazer rim and tire fitment

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 10:32 AM
Beginning Member
Mikel7829 is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 blazer rim and tire fitment

Ok, here is another question I assume has been asked over and over I am sure..I Have searched and found bits and pieces but nothing really for certain..

Ok here is the question..lol
I have a 2dr 2wd 2000 blazer...supposedly suppose to be a dale earnhart edition "or how ever you spell it" It has the badges anyway I see no difference then any other blazer of course wondering if it's just some crap somebody stuck on it? Idk...But anyway here is what I am doing..I have a set of 2012 camaro wheels I was told they where 19"..After measuring these to my knowledge seem to be 20"s I have found on searching that the back will require 2" spacers..So will the front require them as well? Also any difference in bolt pattern?I read they were a little different but will still bolt up..idk..Also I need recommendations on tire sizes that won't rub if anybody has done this..Atm it is not lowered but soon it will go down 3" in the front and 4" in the back and eventually 5" in the front and a little more in the back..
Oh yea and I am a new member so I want to say hello..I may know some of y'all from over at "CAF" caraudioforum.com I been around there for years but anyway please let me have some opinions..

thanks,
mike

Last edited by Mikel7829; 01-20-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:01 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I would suggest finding out the bolt pattern as you don't want to gamble with stress on the lugs. Tire rubbing I'm not sure about. Back spacing is more 1.5-1.75 to line up with the fronts. I have heard that some camaro rims have different bolt pattern. I got myself a set of 80's camaro rims that are the same, but the newer ones might be different. And AS I am running 4x4 4 door and going up I'm not sure on tire sizes lol. But there are many that can so good luck!

And welcome to the forum

Old 01-29-2018, 09:01 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by DonL
I would suggest finding out the bolt pattern as you don't want to gamble with stress on the lugs. Tire rubbing I'm not sure about. Back spacing is more 1.5-1.75 to line up with the fronts. I have heard that some camaro rims have different bolt pattern. I got myself a set of 80's camaro rims that are the same, but the newer ones might be different. And AS I am running 4x4 4 door and going up I'm not sure on tire sizes lol. But there are many that can so good luck!

And welcome to the forum
hey thanks for the welcome...I was beging to wonder if anybody was going to reply to my thread..I have done research I have the SS rims off a 2012...I emailed wheel spacers usa and they sent me a link for the ones i needed..I believe ours are 120mm and the SS camaro is 120.6mm they spacers they suggested was 2.0" but the link was for 2 spacers not 4..Im curious now if I would even need spacers for the front Im pretty sure I would as to keep the rims from rubbing anything..people put these on our blazers they are several pics floating around on the net...

Old 01-29-2018, 09:14 PM
BF Veteran

I get it now... back spacing. Sorry took a few to click in. In that case the front rims tend to be skinnier then the back so for the spacers I would test fit the back to get the spacing you need not to rub, bigger spacer wider tire, but also closer to fender lip. After the rear move to the front to line up. I have 1.5 spacers on the back with 235 wide aggressive tires on the wwd offset rims and I'm about 1/4 away from the inner rear fender lip.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:15 PM
BF Veteran

And I wouldn't give up on the forum to soon. It takes a bit sometimes but the help always comes. Sometimes a little late, but at the same time the late advice could make it easier for the next time.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:48 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by DonL
I would suggest finding out the bolt pattern as you don't want to gamble with stress on the lugs. Tire rubbing I'm not sure about. Back spacing is more 1.5-1.75 to line up with the fronts. I have heard that some camaro rims have different bolt pattern. I got myself a set of 80's camaro rims that are the same, but the newer ones might be different. And AS I am running 4x4 4 door and going up I'm not sure on tire sizes lol. But there are many that can so good luck!<br /><br />And welcome to the forum
<br />hey thanks for the welcome...I was beging to wonder if anybody was going to reply to my thread..I have done research I have the SS rims of a 2012...I emailed wheel spacers usa and they sent me a link for the ones i needed..I believe ours are 120mm and the SS camaro is 120.6mm they spacers they suggested was 2.0" but the link was for 2 spacers not 4..Im curious now if I would even need spacers for the front Im pretty sure I would as to keep the rims from rubbing anything..people put these on our blazers they are several pics floating around on the net...