General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

2002 blazer rear tire swing carrier HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 02:28 AM
KSUbeaver is on a distinguished road
Default 2002 blazer rear tire swing carrier HELP!!!

Brand new to this site so sorry if this is posted in the wrong part of this forum.

I'm looking for a rear tire swing carrier either OEM or after-market for a 2002 2-door Blazer. My spare tire is mounted inside and as many of you know I'm sure I can barely get the golf clubs back there with that thing. I've searched through a few sites and really haven't found anything. Didn't know if it was something I'd have to find at the junkyard or if any of you know a site or can point me in the right direction. Any help will definitely be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Brandon

Old 05-18-2009, 08:55 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I did a search too and couldn't find any ones for sale. You might want to try going to a junk yard though and seeing if you can find one that they'd sell you. Or, you could go to your local Chevy dealer. But to buy OEM through them would cost you an arm and a leg, and probably your first born child. lol.
Junk yard is probably your best bet!

Old 05-18-2009, 10:26 AM
PHATSPEED7x is on a distinguished road

Could one of these be used on a 4 door blazer?

Old 05-18-2009, 10:50 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PHATSPEED7x
Could one of these be used on a 4 door blazer?
I could be wrong, but I don't think the frame on the 4dr's supports the weight of the tire bar. I might be wrong though, but if I am someone can correct me. lol

Old 05-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Others have successfully installed a 2dr rear tire carrier with some modifications.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:23 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

I can't find them for sale anywhere, I've looked high and low. I have a 2DR 2W but I don't think any mods are needed to have it put on. I was just gonna bolt it on but I can't find one anywhere ARGH!

Old 05-18-2009, 04:29 PM
BF Veteran

Junk yard is probably the only place you'd find one...if you were able to find one. I'll keep looking around and see if I can find one.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:32 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

i think if ur blazer didnt come from factory with the tire carrier it wouldnt of come with the extra support needed for the carrier and tire. if you did end up bolting it on without reinforcing the quater panel youll prolly end up with some major warping in the metal or risk the carrier ripping through the quater panel if it falls off.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:58 AM
PHATSPEED7x is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I'll just mount the spare under the vehicle. Just need to find one.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:40 AM
BF Veteran

I looked over on gmtruckforum.com too. It looks like it's been done, but it's not as easy as just bolting the tire onto the quarter panel. You have to re-enforce it so it can support the weight of the tire. It's a hell of a lot heavier then you think lol.
Even some of the 2dr ones that come with the tire rack have had problems with the quarter panel warping.

http://gmtruckforum.net/showthread.p...highlight=tire

That is the thread I was looking at..

Quick Reply: 2002 blazer rear tire swing carrier HELP!!!