General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

2008 Consumer Report against Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Starting Member
kmartin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2008 Consumer Report against Blazer

Can anyone explain to me why the Chevy Blazer is on the list of used vehicles that you should stay away from in the 2008 consumer report? Consumer report say because of reliability. It seems the list has mostly domestic vehicle, while the list of recommended vehicles are about all foreign. Is the consumer report anti-American? I have a 2003 Blazer and I thought that should be good.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:42 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 2008 Consumer Report against Blazer

Don't lose sleep over it, it's just Consumer Reports k-rap. They have had a thing for foreign cars for a long, long time. Their reliability reports are to be taken with a large grain of salt because of their reporting methods. For example, if 20 people reply and say that they have had problems with the engine, then it goes down that the engine is unreliable. Never mind what the problems were or what really caused the problems, they get reported as problems. It's kind of like political surveys - have you or anybody you know ever actually been asked by thesurveying agency?

Old 03-24-2008, 10:31 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I only pay attention to Consumer Reports for appliances. I wouldn't trust my neighbor's wife or my grandmother with assessing the quality of a vehicle...and who do you think is reporting back to consumer reports?

Old 03-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

I only pay attention to Consumer Reports for appliances. I wouldn't trust my neighbor's wife or my grandmother with assessing the quality of a vehicle...and who do you think is reporting back to consumer reports?
haha thats right, usually its old grandmas doing the reports on those things, they are just crap, go with what you feel about your vehicle if you think its an all around nice ride thats your opinion, dont let other peoples opinions come in the way..

Old 03-24-2008, 11:27 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ya consumer reports is ghey i just listen to other peoples experiences with other vehicles. plus my dad was a car mechanic so hes seen a lot.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:07 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

SCREW THOSE (*^*^^%%$##&&()^^%(&$^^%*$#&*(^)*) *&^%^$#%@#(%)^^%*%$^#$#^)(&_(&amp+&& amp;^(%^( GOOD FOR NOTHING (*)^)*&%&$&%_^)*&%$^*^%&amp^*&am p;%*%$^ AT CONSUMER REPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao...

Old 03-25-2008, 12:16 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

It just like any other product. If no one has a problem with it they don't take the time to write a review or report that it was a good product. Usually you just see write ups from people that were pissed off with a product or vehicle. I mean with cars, there are dud cars out there (both domestic and foreign). Then there are the people who think they shouldn't have to fix anything on their vehicles. In my opinion the blazer is a great and reliable vehicle. I have had to fix things on every car I have owned, that is part of owning a vehicle especially if you buy a used vehicle that you don't know about the prior history. Alright I am done ranting now.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:37 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I can say this consumer reports is a biased judgmental one sided deal! Reliability to me is this I can go out to my truck start it up and go and have been able to with no problems for over a year now, and haven't had it break down once or had to repair it once since I did my intake manifold gaskets a month after I got it!!

Old 03-26-2008, 04:31 PM
GABlazer92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Idon't like Consumer Reports either.Iwas looking in that magazine and came to that list and looked at few they listed andput it right back. They have put the most common used cars like the blazer(of course), silverado, F-150, and a lot of others on that unreliableused carlist.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Starting Member
kmartin is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess I was a little disgrundled to have my 5 year old Blazer having some minor issues. Then I saw a consumer report saying Bad Things about Blazers. But hey, lennyblazer right, problems with vehicles is part of vehicle ownership. Does not matter if I own a Chevy or Honda. Pretty much I am hoping it will go a while before something else happens. The Blazer is not nickel and dimeing me yet, and I can't tell Consumer report a whole lot either. rriddle3 if that what you say about consumer report, then that will make it very slainted. My Co-worker who think lots of Toyota, and trying to persade me Toyota is the way to go. I saw a 2004 Toyota RAV 4 advertise at a local dealer. My Blazer was 3 years old when I got it. This RAV4 is 4 years old. My Blazer had 32,900 miles on it. This was +40,000 miles. But they were asking $4500 dollars more for it then what I paid for my Blazer. My Co-worker told me, " You get what you pay for". I told him "RIP OFF". And on top of that, my Blazer has a 4.3 V6. That RAV4 has only a 4 cylindar. I say "RIP OFF" again.

Quick Reply: 2008 Consumer Report against Blazer