Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/2019-chevy-blazer-revealed-97148/)

chevyriders 06-21-2018 06:43 PM

It's official: Chevy is bringing back the blazer....

....and boy did they ruin it.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/blazerf...23a941e14a.jpg

Cimmerian 06-21-2018 07:37 PM

2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed

2019 Chevrolet Blazer First Look: Reinventing the SUV for a CUV World - Motor Trend

We knew it was coming. Chevrolet made the Equinox smaller so there would be a midsize hole in the crossover lineup between it and the full-size Traverse. And talk about bringing back the Blazer name has been rampant for a while.

General Motors finally gave us our first look at the 2019 Chevrolet Blazer at an event in Atlanta, but unlike the Blazers of the past, this one is not a body-on-frame SUV, or a two-door, nor does it have a removable roof. Instead, it rides on the same C1 architecture as other car-based crossovers including the Cadillac XT5 and GMC Acadia. One difference: a wider track to give it more girth and character.

The five-passenger crossover comes in three trim levels including the sportier and blacked-out RS and the more upscale Premier, both with optional 21-inch wheels instead of the standard 18s. Chevy tried to give each trim a distinct look with changes to the grilles and trim pieces.

​​​​​​​How do you guys feel about this? I think it looks ugly as sin.

GreenBlazer2002 06-21-2018 08:22 PM

Agreed. Putting the Blazer name on that thing is an insult to our trucks. There's not a single hint of lineage there.

GreenBlazer2002 06-21-2018 08:34 PM

Agreed. Putting the Blazer name on that thing is an insult to our trucks. There's not a single hint of lineage there.

Tom A 06-21-2018 08:49 PM

Meh. Looks exactly like every other SUV on the road.

Mspeedfreak03 06-22-2018 12:02 AM

looks like the mazda CX-5 lol with a camaro front

Cimmerian 06-22-2018 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tom A (Post 691832)
Meh. Looks exactly like every other SUV on the road.

That's not exactly a good thing. I've always thought modern cars are extremely ugly though. There's no individuality between any of them, like you said.

Rusty Nuts 06-22-2018 03:47 AM

They sure did. Looks aside, researching the power train and stop start technology, she can't dance either.

rriddle3 06-22-2018 08:05 AM

Chevy can call it an SUV until they're blue in the face, but it isn't - it is a CUV. No body on frame construction, FWD or AWD no 4x4. It is designed for city driving and light towing and appears to be just a less expensive version of Cadillac's new XT4.

Texas Issie 06-22-2018 08:36 AM

I was so excited!!!!! Then I saw it. And read that they didn't use any of the classic Blazer influence. So basically, they made a completely new "SUV" with no influence from classic Blazers and slapped the Blazer name on it. Insulting.
I don't think it is ugly, I think it does look like everything else out there though. It does fill a spot between the Equinox & Traverse, but they f-ed this up. How many of you would have bought one that was truly a new Blazer? I would.

Tom A 06-22-2018 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mspeedfreak03 (Post 691835)
looks like the mazda CX-5 lol with a camaro front

The front end looks like a Lexus to me.

El_Beautor 06-22-2018 02:05 PM

I don't mind the looks of it, as far as cars & crossovers go, but it is sad they used the Blazer name on it. I've always been a fan of the truck heritage the Blazers had.

Rusty Nuts 06-22-2018 02:59 PM

I recommend we all wax our trucks this weekend. Got to make those puppies last.

rexmburns 06-22-2018 05:35 PM

This was my response regarding it over on S-10Forum earlier today.

Sadly to me it looks like a Range Rover Evoque and a Lexus RX 350 made sex and all the good parts of the baby batter ran down the butt crack of whichever was the catcher between the two and the new blazer was the resulting offspring.

That is all I have to say about it...

mdehoogh 06-22-2018 05:58 PM

It seems I'm in the minority but I actually like it. I'd need more details, and the chance to drive it myself before forming a better opinion though.

Yes it's a crossover, and not the Blazer that we'd all love to see, but we're a small market. Midsize body-on-frame SUVs are dying, with only the Wrangler and 4Runner/LexusGX left. The target audience is flocking to crossovers so I can hardly fault Chevy for providing another option in that market. No different than the Explorer or Grand Cherokee leaving behind body-on-frame construction in favor of their current platforms.

mr.vls 06-22-2018 09:48 PM

I was looking forward to a Colorado/Canyon based SUV. It looks like a Jeep Wrangler or the new Ford Bronco in my future. I would lean more towards the Bronco over the Wrangler right now, but who knows. It just will not be the new Blazer.

jimspahr@msn.com 06-23-2018 07:37 AM

The new Blazer is FWD or AWD, unibody, and 2.5L four or a 3.6L V6. It looks like a Jeep Cherokee to me. Or a Ford Escape. I was hoping for a Colorado based body on frame with a turbo four, 3.6l V6, or a 5.3L V8 engines with RWD or 4WD. GM--Not another FWD CUV? We want a body on frame Colorado sized RWD or 4WD SUV with a choice of V6 or V8.

canada buffalo 06-23-2018 11:48 AM

Will GMC be following with the Jimmy version?
I've owned two Blazers and an 05 Jimmy Zr2 off-road version, two-door. The latter was my dream vehicle I had to sell for financial reasons. I owned it for 8 years and when I sold it it only had 97,000 km. 2005 was of course the last year for the Blazer and Jimmy. I emailed GM a few years ago and suggested they bring back these models, maybe they listened to me, ha ha. There seems to be no competition in the market for the Jeep CJ. Here's hoping GM will make a rugged looking Blazer/Jimmy for off-road. This new Blazer does look like a clone of most suv's in the marketplace now.

mr.vls 06-23-2018 09:54 PM

I was hoping for a Colorado based SUV with the same engine and drive configurations available. This is not a Blazer. I am not knocking the new Blazer as I am sure that it is a very nice vehicle as a daily driver. Now the only 2 options will be Jeep Wrangler or the new Ford Bronco.

AJBert 06-23-2018 10:50 PM

Soccer moms across the country rejoice!

jimspahr@msn.com 06-25-2018 09:16 AM

This is a review on the new Blazer from Car & Driver mag. It aligns with my feelings on the new unibody Blazer better than any of the other write up's. They talk about the K5 Blazer and then look at the new Blazer and I don't think they liked it....at LL. GM missed a chance to come up with a Colorado/ Canyon based real Blazer!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/20...ws&date=062518

DonL 06-25-2018 09:31 PM

All hope lost when I saw it...

they killed the blazer with this...

rriddle3 06-26-2018 12:16 PM

Small or mid-sized body on frame SUVs have been a dead duck in the marketplace for several years now. People quit buying them and sales are not driven by enthusiasts, but by volume. Chevy killed off the traditional Blazer because of this and that is why it will not be back. If Chevy thought it would sell mass units, they would simply import the Brazilian version.

N. Jensen 06-26-2018 04:28 PM

I saw this over the weekend.
Not impressed, but I would like to test drive it before all my final opinions are formed.

I always thought we'd see a Colorado/Canyon based like a few of you mentioned.
I'm leaning towards getting a quad cab, ZR2 Colorado... carpet the bed, and place a topper on it. Throw my old Blazer badges on it and Boom! Problem solved.

Strangerock 06-26-2018 08:46 PM

I definitely threw-up in my mouth.

mr.vls 06-27-2018 08:27 PM

I am going to go to the dark side and wait and see what the new Ford Bronco looks like and the options it has available.

jimspahr@msn.com 06-28-2018 02:51 PM

The Ranger is coming soon and they are already talking about a possible 'Raptor' version for the new Ranger. With the F-150 size Raptor now having a 3.5 turbo V6, why not put that same V6 in the Ranger? Now that would fly.

chevyriders 06-28-2018 03:35 PM

On the list of things gm could have done for the new blazer(jimmy):

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/blazerf...50d186116e.jpg

DonL 06-28-2018 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by rriddle3 (Post 692008)
Small or mid-sized body on frame SUVs have been a dead duck in the marketplace for several years now. People quit buying them and sales are not driven by enthusiasts, but by volume. Chevy killed off the traditional Blazer because of this and that is why it will not be back. If Chevy thought it would sell mass units, they would simply import the Brazilian version.

I 've been really looking into the "new" Brazilian blazers. I really like the way they look.

Originally Posted by chevyriders (Post 692105)
On the list of things gm could have done for the new blazer(jimmy):

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/blazerf...50d186116e.jpg

I love the look of these... but would definitely put the bowtie on it. Wonder if they would make the box cap removable with the bench seat and open cab like the old beach riders

Mspeedfreak03 06-29-2018 02:12 PM

the reason they wont put the 3.5 ecoboost in the new ranger is because it will kill the raptor sales, the new rangers downfall is that its not small, the raptor ranger that was released in thai/aus market was the same width as the regular f-150 (only 3" less wide than the f-150 raptor). then compare that too the Colorado ZR2.... ill take the bowtie all day with the duramax, and there is also no announcement as to if they are going to release the ranger raptor here in the US or even the price!

Cimmerian 06-29-2018 03:16 PM

Isn't the new Ranger as big as an F-150 now? I thought they were supposed to be light trucks.

chevyriders 06-29-2018 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Cimmerian (Post 692145)
Isn't the new Ranger as big as an F-150 now? I thought they were supposed to be light trucks.

Aluminum body and a v6, the F150 is a "light truck" now too lol

Tajohns34 07-02-2018 08:38 AM

Looks like a Mazda CX-5
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/blazerf...0bb2753a73.jpg

N. Jensen 07-02-2018 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by chevyriders (Post 692151)
Aluminum body and a v6, the F150 is a "light truck" now too lol

Pretty sure the Ranger started off as a full size, in the 60's, I reckon. Ford F-100 Ranger :icon_pimp:

christine_208 07-02-2018 10:17 AM

Quote from post #2:

"One difference: a wider track to give it more girth and character."
Yeah man, that is what I need instead of ground clearance, a frame that can take going off road and towing my boat, and selectable drive options; Character! :icon_screwy:

Sadly my next rig (hopefully for not at least 5 more years) is likely to be a 4-Runner body-on-frame rig. Then again some of the newer ones are getting super big, bigger than I really need/want.

Like many of you I was hoping for a Colorado based Blazer. Apparently they have these in Australia; the Holden Trailblazer. https://www.holden.com.au/cars/trailblazer

mr.vls 07-02-2018 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by christine_208 (Post 692244)
Quote from post #2:

Yeah man, that is what I need instead of ground clearance, a frame that can take going off road and towing my boat, and selectable drive options; Character! :icon_screwy:

Sadly my next rig (hopefully for not at least 5 more years) is likely to be a 4-Runner body-on-frame rig. Then again some of the newer ones are getting super big, bigger than I really need/want.

Like many of you I was hoping for a Colorado based Blazer. Apparently they have these in Australia; the Holden Trailblazer. https://www.holden.com.au/cars/trailblazer

I am holding out for the new Ford Bronco that is based of the Ranger.

Cimmerian 07-02-2018 06:53 PM

The Bronco at least looks like what you'd imagine an 2019 Bronco would look like.

DonL 07-02-2018 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by christine_208 (Post 692244)
Quote from post #2:

that's a better looking blazer then the new ones.

jimspahr@msn.com 07-03-2018 10:01 AM

My trouble with the Holden Trailblazer is the only engine available is a 2.8 L Duramax Diesel. It apparently comes in 4WD only. They have a four door wagon called the Holden Commodore Tourer with the 3.6L V6. It is AWD and the GM 9 speed auto trans. The Holden Commodore four door sedan was the basis for the Chevy SS and the Pontiac GTO---both had a Chevy LS V8 and manual or auto trans. Neither of these two sedans are imported to the US any longer. In fact, they are saying that all Holden production in Australia will be discontinued soon. I hope GM won't regret that decision.

VI-Joe 07-04-2018 04:50 AM

Ugh! As a daily driving family hauler, I’m sure it’s fine, but if I want body on frame capability, it’s either keep my 2001 forever (and it’s perfect for towing a pop up trailer) or get a brodozer that costs more than a new BMW. I know the demand for small but capable trucks went away, but I really don’t want an aircraft carrier, and even the new Colorado is just as big (and 3x as powerful) as our 81 C10 was (then again, my Blazer’s 4.3 is substantially more powerful than the 305 in that C10 as well).

That said, that’s not a blazer. It’s a Malibu with slightly bigger tires.