General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

31X10.50's are totally doable on stock height 98 LS!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Beginning Member
rviolette84 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up 31X10.50's are totally doable on stock height 98 LS!

Less than a week into owning my 98 Blazer LS 160k, I threw down some dough today and put on a set of Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 31x10.5x15. At stock height after installing they barely barely rubbed on the corners of the mud flaps. I cranked the torsion bars, maybe 1 1/2" and now they're nowhere near rubbing. Thought at first I was gonna hafta do a set of 2" shackles in the rear also but after it was off the lift and sitting there I changed my mind. Stock rear height still has a very nice slight forward rake. I would love to upload a couple pictures I took but even using my phone apparently the files are too big. They don't accept very much for file size and pixel count! If anyone has a hint for me about that I'd really appreciate it. Really wanna get those pics up, the truck looks crazy tough! Totally transformed its appearance immediately!

Old 12-20-2012, 09:03 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Cranking the tbars is not considered stock height.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Beginning Member

I'm aware of that. As I stated originally, at stock height they barely rubbed on the tip of the mud flap. Not a difficult modification to eliminate the problem and could easily drive with these....at stock height.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Yup until you pull into that first slightly angled driveway!!

Old 12-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Beginning Member

Under certain circumstances, anything is possible. 9 out of 10 times I think it's safe to say, you could drive with 'em hassle-free

Old 12-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Most people that put bigger tires on do it for function, not looks. It isn't going to work off-road so well.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Beginning Member

Well it's a case by case uncertainty. If whomever isn't sure about rubbing, crank up your torsion bars. Pretty simple

Old 12-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I have 2.5" RC upper control arms and lift shackles and the tbars are cranked plus a good bit of fender trimming and I still rub occasionally. Yes you can fit the 31s but I promise even with normal everyday driving you are going to rub. Especially while turning in reverse. No one is trying to be rude here either we just want you to understand that we have been there and know what its needed

Old 12-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Cranking the torsion bars isn't going to help at all off-road, that's the point I'm trying to make.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Beginning Member
Truk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
I have 2.5" RC upper control arms and lift shackles and the tbars are cranked plus a good bit of fender trimming and I still rub occasionally. Yes you can fit the 31s but I promise even with normal everyday driving you are going to rub. Especially while turning in reverse. No one is trying to be rude here either we just want you to understand that we have been there and know what its needed
You rub because of your wheel offset.

Quick Reply: 31X10.50's are totally doable on stock height 98 LS!