General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

33's are SWEEET!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 01:19 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 33's are SWEEET!!!!

Well im sure a few of you may have noticed in the ROTM thread that i got a new upgrade for Dale in the way of new tires and rims. Tires are slightly used Goodyear Wranger MTR's 33x12.5r15 mounted on moab rock crawler 15x8 3.75"backspacing rims. Well, 3 of the tires are used, one is new and i got one more thats brand new that im getting mounted later this week and mounting it on the back driver sideand swapping that tire to the rear carrier. I actually got all the tires from my roommate (the one who wrecked his jeep) for a $300 which isa steal considdering just the 2 new tires cost more than that.

As for the ride thus far, its pretty smooth, tires are noticably louder but not obnoxious by any means. The tires do seem to track a little odd at freeway speeds as wellbut its not that bad that i cant drive itand i think a steering stabilizer will probably solve it completely.

Beyond that i love these tires. They look really aweseome and really gives Dale the stance that I've been looking for. Just gotta get him all fixed up and then ill get some wheelin pics up. Speaking of pics i actually snapped a few the other night so take a look. Link

Old 10-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default RE: 33's are SWEEET!!!!

Oh ya I noticed them, looks really good.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:21 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

made a big difference. looks great

Old 10-07-2007, 05:32 PM

Thanks, i appreciate the complements. I still cant get over how nice those tires look. Now if i could just get the tires to quit grabbin the inner fender and bending it up i would be a very happy man. Time to bust out the sawz-all again.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:55 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

just get to cuttin

Old 10-07-2007, 11:39 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Nice tires and setup there. I was wondering it looks like you have also painted your frame rails recently. I was wondering what you used for that, as I need to do that as well, since winter is coming round. I was thinking of either rustolem rust stopper or truckbedliner. Any ideas?

Old 10-08-2007, 06:21 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Truck looks great. I can't wait to get my lift installed.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:24 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

very nice man i wonder how tall you can lift a blazer then park a bagged one underneath anyone know i have a buddy who's wants to lift his and im bagging mine we just talked about it and were wondering how tall he would have to lift his in order for me to back under it at a car show and if that is even fathomable his is a four door 4x4 and its an 2001.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks great Rob!

Old 10-08-2007, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: lennyblazer

Nice tires and setup there. I was wondering it looks like you have also painted your frame rails recently. I was wondering what you used for that, as I need to do that as well, since winter is coming round. I was thinking of either rustolem rust stopper or truckbedliner. Any ideas?
I didnt think anyone was gonna notice that. I just went and hit it with a little primer and some black rustoleum. Seems to seal it up pretty good. I would imagine though that some truck bedliner stuff would work even better and might even look nicer. Just remember to hit both sides and the bottom.

ORIGINAL: Jigg

Looks great Rob!
Thanks Justin, I really apreciate that coming from you. Just curious, how far did you trim your inner fenders up? I know on a ZR2 ya got a little more clearance but im all the way up to the second bolt and im still just buzzin it on turns at really slow speed like when backing out of a parking spot. That and doyou know of anything that can be used as a larger bump stop?I know this sounds crazy but i was thinking of cuttinga hole in a tennis ball so it fits on the existingstop and filling it with liquid rubber orexpanding foam or something and thenepoxying that in place but if you know of something better please point me in the correct direction.