General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

4 door with rear mount spare

Old 04-11-2009, 03:27 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default 4 door with rear mount spare

I posted pics on gmtruckforum & firemansc32 asked about a Blazer with a rear mount spare in one pic. This is when I found out that 4 doors in the US don't have a rear mounted spare as an option. I learn all the time!
So today I was at a mall & I saw one, fortunately,I had my camera in the glove box so I snapped a pic as I drove past. I found another on TradeMe.

Attached Thumbnails 4 door with rear mount spare-p1010001-2-.jpg   4 door with rear mount spare-4door-blazer-rear-mount-spare.jpg  
Old 04-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Is it me or does that look different than a 2dr rear spare tire carrier?...

Old 04-11-2009, 08:37 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

They are the same.

Attached Thumbnails 4 door with rear mount spare-vernotruck.jpg  
Old 04-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the 4dr version does not rise as much. Just by looking at how high it goes compared with the bottom of the window...

Attached Thumbnails 4 door with rear mount spare-2dr_zoom.jpg   4 door with rear mount spare-4dr_zoom.jpg  
Old 04-11-2009, 09:20 AM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

Yea, you can see in the second picture how the tires sits closer to the bumper, where with the 2-door you can see the braklight bar under the tailgate.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:56 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Would that not have something to do with the bumper being different ?

Old 06-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Starting Member
Marcin is an unknown quantity at this point

But how do you think - is 4 doors enough strong to mount that outside carrier as for 2 doors? Or should be any inner structure added to keep carrier and wheel?

Maybe you know about inner carrier to keep wheel inside the car (the same as in Jeep or Blazer K5)? I have spare tire space under the floor used for additional fuel tank (LPG).

Regards, Marcin

Old 06-30-2009, 05:23 PM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

Eeek, at least now i know that a 4dr looks like JLo with a tire carrier on the back! Looks goofy hanging out there like that, did it look OK in person?

Old 07-01-2009, 07:57 AM
Starting Member
Marcin is an unknown quantity at this point

OK. But for me the most important is to find good place for spare tire.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:23 AM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

IDK about ride height and center of gravity, but i like the look of the roof mounted spare...especially when its a big knobby tire.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4 door with rear mount spare