General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

4wd blazer frame

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:57 PM
m.sterner is on a distinguished road
Default 4wd blazer frame

not quite sure where to post this at.just an idea i had.im parting a 96 blazer and well when im done im going to be down to basically the frame.nothing wrong with the frame though, im just wondering if i could use it for something else instead of scrapping it.scrap would be around 40-50 bucks so figured id try a project with it.maybe a rat rod or something like that. what do u guys think? its a 4wd frame so i just wouldnt use the front axle because id use an older rwd trans.prolly a carbed motor.something like that.i know a lot of guys use the s10 frame and put older bodies on them but the blazer and s10 frame are basically the same right>? just trying to get some feedback.would it be worth it or a waste of time?

Old 04-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Beginning Member
GMC cousin is on a distinguished road

depends on what you want to do. It could make a good mudder/off road toy. Just build a cage and install powertrain

Old 04-11-2010, 03:45 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

I've seen a few older chevy trucks such as from the 50's that have been mounted on Blazer chasis. Be an easy way to have a vintage look with modern running gear plus 4x4.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:02 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i'm with cousin & bigkahns on this one.

unless you plan on running a 4WD system-or @ least making some plugs for the front hubs (ie, cut up cv ends) it's not worth having around.

just to be perfectly clear, there will be NO running gear on this thing, right? sounds like it could be an awfully expensive project. but if you have money to do it, then you might as well build something a little crazy. and for that i'd go with the "cage on a frame" deal.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Beginning Member
GMC cousin is on a distinguished road

if you want spend a bit i waS JUST LOOKING AT THE fACTORY fIVE website and the TR4 would look sweet on a 4X4 chassis. It would look pretty freakin sweet.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:58 PM

no thanks, tr4 is not the look im going for.lol and yeah im basically just going to ignore the front end, i dont want it 4x4, i just happen to have that frame.id prefer a 2 wheel drive one but hey u get what you can.my whole idea here is more of a rat rod or something thats probablly not even street legal.just something that when you pull out of the garage everyone looks at and says WTF is that thing>? (and not in a good way.lol). basically no rules, build as i go do something more for fun and the learning expierence than anything.not a professional car builder, and not trying to be.i want to learn though so i figure why not do it firsthand to actuallly learn.its a rat rod so cheaper the better. I actuallly got bored yesterday and convinced my dad to help me pull the body off the blazer. 3 hours later and with the help of the forklift and car lift the body and frame were seperated. heres a picture. the 3rd one is an example of the look im going for.that guy has a lot of time and money in that "thing" but its deff wild.id rather attempt something like that then try to build something to look nice.wish i could find some info on builds online.any vehicle on a s10/blazer frame would be very helpful.

frame:

body:

inspiration:

Last edited by m.sterner; 04-12-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:12 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by m.sterner
now that is one short Dime! and a great inspiration!!

Old 04-14-2010, 01:03 AM

thanks.its going to probablly end up being a longterm project but it wont cost very much and free proojects always keep me more motivated.lol

Old 04-14-2010, 02:56 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

I barely fit in my Blazer as it was, no way I'd fit in that little thing. Looks to be smaller than a fiero but I'd dare to say with the right color of paint that thing would look alot better.