General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

8 passenger blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 09:04 PM
Starting Member
rip it is on a distinguished road
Default 8 passenger blazer

I'm wondering if it's ever been done, and if not, how feasible might it be. I like the seating and cargo capacity of a suburban, but prefer the lighter, smaller, more fuel efficient aspects of the s10 blazer. Could one chop the rear end off a blazer, add a bench, extend the cargo area and have an 8 passenger blazer? Not a limo with 6 doors, or a long center glass, but literally a pint sized suburban.

Last edited by rip it; 02-19-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 PM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

i think anything is possible after the denali blazer project that was posted up on here

Old 02-20-2013, 09:32 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

You'd have to raise the roof a fair bit to get enough leg room for a 3rd row of seats, and the 2nd row of seats doesn't fold down like in a normal SUV with 3 rows so getting in and out would be a real pain, but like Trobbins said, if you have the skills, time, money, and the desire to do it anything is possible.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Starting Member
Mczuk is on a distinguished road

You could always go old school wagon and put in rear facing seats.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:40 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

+1 ^^^^
ditch the spare and cut the floor out then drop in a tub...there ya go old school wagon.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Starting Member
Joshs4x4 is on a distinguished road

^ this

Old 02-21-2013, 01:48 AM
step66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any thing can be done! But keep in mind the professional coach builders almost always split the vehicle. It is SO much more sensible to split a chassis than to add additional frame to the rear! Many coach builders of the 60's found out the hard way when they added frame rail to the rear of a wagon and called it a hearse(Chevs/Buicks/Ponts/Olds)
The only true frame GM could build a heavy(6000+ lb) coach was almost always Cadillac(COPO'd with the commercial chassis) Professional Car Society for more info!

Old 02-21-2013, 04:29 AM
Starting Member
Rumblur is on a distinguished road

Isn't that called a Suburban?

Old 02-21-2013, 08:40 AM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

so many diff ways you can go about this if need anything just ask

Old 03-23-2013, 10:14 AM
BigBlackBlazer is on a distinguished road

I would just buy another set of blazer rear seats from a junkyard and bolt them in the back of the trunk. you would have to climb over the first back row to get to them though. It will also be sitting higher then the front row, but i think this is the simplist way to do it.
You could also remove the back seats from the stock blazer, move them towards the back , and intall two seats (either bench or single bucket seats) which face the center of the vehicle, and you'll have seating like in a limo.
If you want to chop up your unibody go right ahead. I would avoid that unless you know what your doing.

Last edited by BigBlackBlazer; 03-23-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Quick Reply: 8 passenger blazer