General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

87' Blazer

Old 11-17-2017, 05:26 AM
jlestepp is on a distinguished road
Default 87' Blazer

Anyone have experience doing a 3.4l swap on a 87' S10 Blazer with a 2.8l?
I have a 3.4l that needs a rebuild other than the heads... Would it be worth it or should i swap a 350 in it? And can you point me to a 350 swap guide with pics?

I have got alot of work on my truck to do until i get there but i want to start getting this half of it on the side...

I have replaced all the steering from firewall down to wheels. Next up is Upper and lower control arms... I think i have seen somewhere there are aftermarket tubular control arms i can use.... If so can someone link them?

Also i have to replace the front rad support/front core support because it is pretty rusted out at the corners near the fender mounts...

Fenders all the way around as well. Surprisingly the rockers are in good shape!

I also have a small window leak on upper windshield that has to get patched and new windshield since that is cracked...

I also replaced both doors as those were rusted out at bottom.

The 2.8l that is in it seemed to run decent minus the leaky valve covers and lack of tune up. I have did spark plugs, wires, and ignition coil. Valve cover gaskets in process. I also replaced all vacuum lines. I don't really want to throw anymore money at engine or drive-train until i know the best engine to to put in... Either rebuild my 3.4L or put in a 350... And the 350 would get rid of my 4x4 correct?

I will probably post pics of the process on things i have done. Just looking for opinions and suggestions as this is the first time i really have tore into a vehicle in depth.

Search this Thread