General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

98 vs. 99 jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Starting Member
Dbrown843 is on a distinguished road
Default 98 vs. 99 jimmy

alright so im ordering a bull bar.
and it says it fits:
98-03 CHEVY S-10

98-04 CHEVY BLAZER S

99-04 Blazer (Full Size) / Jimmy (Full Size)

I have a 98 Gmc Jimmy.
what is the difference between the tow hooks in the front from the 98 and 99
and also the blazer vs. jimmy?

Thanks guys in advance.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:33 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I'd be wary of anything that says it fits both the S10 Blazer and the full size Blazer. Sounds like it is one of those "universal" bull bars that you will have to do some modifications to fit.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:09 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dbrown843
...99-04 Blazer (Full Size) / Jimmy (Full Size)
Especially since those things don't exist.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:19 AM
Starting Member

heres the listing...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bull-...ht_4431wt_1167

what do you guys think.
it says no drilling, just bolted.
and they have pretty good feedback and rating.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:33 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

LOL. Like Rich said, a "Fullsized" 99-04 Blazer/Jimmy doesn't exist. So I'm not exactly sure what they mean by that.
If it were me, I'd order the second option (98-04 CHEVY BLAZER S). If you are unsure or uneasy about it though just send the seller a message with your vehicle info and ask if it will fit easily. They also ask for your vehicle info when your order it. Worst case scenario is it doesn't just "bolt right up" and you have to fab some sort of custom bracket.

Nice find BTW. It's a really nice looking bull bar.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Starting Member

alright thanks sisk.
and yeah im waiting for their phones not to be busy and talk to them about it.
i mean if anything ill end up just welding it to my frame, so it will be alot stronger.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:37 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i don't know about you guys, but i wouldn't trust anyone that is selling a product for our Blazer's (or any Chevy for that matter), when the pic they use has a Ford to show the product!

Old 11-17-2009, 07:18 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

lol. There are a lot of parts sites that don't actually show the Blazer with the part installed. Actually I've rarely seen it Chris. I've seen anything from F150's to Toyota Tundra/Tacoma's to Dodges. Very rarely do you see a pic of the guard installed on a Blazer though. It's cheaper and easier that way.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:00 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i know, my lame attempt at a jk. i noticed that years ago, with there never being a Blazer or Jimmy showing the product that is being advertised. must be the fact that the Blazer's are always being played with (or in the shop).

Old 11-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Starting Member

hahaha they said it should fit,
so im hoping for the best.
if anything ill weld it.
no one ever has any product with a picture of a blazer/jimmy,
its sad.

Quick Reply: 98 vs. 99 jimmy