General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Adding cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 02:57 AM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adding cold air intake

I found a good K&N cai for my truck on the autozone website, and I figured I'd buy that one because I'm sick of waiting for parts to get shipped to me, and I just wanna go to the store and pick something up for a change. It's about $240. I wanted AEM, but the site doesn't show any. I'll ask if they have any in the store.

What kind of cold air intakes is everyone else running?

Old 11-30-2007, 05:36 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Adding cold air intake

I have the Fram Boost Intake System

Old 11-30-2007, 09:59 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i got the K&N. none of the autoparts shops around here carried AEM. thats what i wanted too but autozone, o'riellys and pepboys only carried K&N

i know you said your tired of waiting b/c of shipping, but eBay has them new for less. when i bought mine, it was $205 shipped but the seller has now raised his prices. now its $215shipped.

the seller was MAW_PRODUCTS and i received the item about 4 days after paying

also, im not sure how much tax is where you live but here, on a $240 purchase after tax, its a little closer to $260... enough to buy an AEM if thats what you really want

hope this helps!

Old 11-30-2007, 11:40 AM

Or just order the Fram intake system which is made by AEM and it includes tools to install it and a cleaner kit which AEM does not include. And the Fram kit is much cheaper.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:41 AM

Yeah, I'm gonna go by Autozone today and probably just see what they have/buy the intake. Tax should bring the price up to around $260 for me also. I think NY is 7%. I'll settle for K&N though because it seems a lot of Blazer drivers own that brand, so it must be good.

But yeah thanks for telling me about this guy selling them on ebay.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:46 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: nj4x4blaze

Or just order the Fram intake system which is made by AEM and it includes tools to install it and a cleaner kit which AEM does not include. And the Fram kit is much cheaper.
when i was buying mine, i read a lot about the framboost being really good but i couldnt find a model number anywhere

the link i was given was www.framboost.com but it just takes you to an amazon page which doesnt list the applications

i probably would have bought it simply b/c it has an AEM filter on it but i couldnt figure out which one i needed to buy

Old 11-30-2007, 12:11 PM

The site you want is www.fram.com, you can buy from them direct but it's just going to redirect you to amazon.com. I dont remember the model number to my kit, but I'll check and see if I still have the box to it and will let you know the model number.

https://blazerforum.com/m_29582/tm.htm

Old 11-30-2007, 09:50 PM

Louder in a good way? I guess I'd like an intake that has some sort of sound to it. Maybe a louder sucking sound.
I went to autozone today and they said they don't have any K&N kits in.
I'm still not sure whether I should just order AEM online.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:10 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: dimmuborgir6nik6

I guess I'd like an intake that has some sort of sound to it. Maybe a louder sucking sound.
I once had a car that people kept telling me made that kind of sound. I don't think they meant it in a good way.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:18 PM
BF Veteran

they make a more growling sound...

Quick Reply: Adding cold air intake