General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Aftermarket interior lighting

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 03:14 PM
LucasMI is on a distinguished road
Default Aftermarket interior lighting

Debating a complete green or blue LED upgrade,but I'd like to see what other people have and thought it would be neat to see whether I do it or not.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:24 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by LucasMI
Debating a complete green or blue LED upgrade,but I'd like to see what other people have and thought it would be neat to see whether I do it or not.
Me and Thog went with green. I'll show you a few of my led interior lights. And when Thog gets on, he might check in here and post a few pics.

This is my gauge cluster with green leds on the outside and white on the inside.

Map lights

Dome Light

Old 01-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Beginning Member
1sikBLAZR is on a distinguished road

is there a thread on how to change the color of your dash? i really want to do the blue but i have no idea what size bulb it is

Old 01-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by 1sikBLAZR
is there a thread on how to change the color of your dash? i really want to do the blue but i have no idea what size bulb it is
I can do you one better! There is actually a video on youtube for 98+ blazers for changing out lights. the bulb size that I use is the 194 wedge-based bulb. Mine are 360 degree smd's. Mine only took 5 but since yours is a 98+, I'm pretty sure yours takes 6.

Here is a pic of what the 194 smd 360 degree led looks like:
This

Btw, I really like what you have done to your blazer. The blue and black looks great!

Video below:

This
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L28MkE81MOo

Old 01-22-2012, 07:02 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

A word of warning I found about blue interior LED's. It changes the color of money! lol I had to replace the blue LED's in my map lights to white LED's.
BTW Tibby I really like that overhead console in the '96 better than the one in my '02. Yours has a compartment in there & the lights are movable?

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-22-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:07 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

hey imma post a pic of my special dash since rotti loves when i post pictures in threads he visits =P

Old 01-22-2012, 07:25 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

LOL you're almost out of fuel & it seems to be idling a little high.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:33 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

naa its about 700 there

and yea i was low on fuel =P

Old 01-22-2012, 08:22 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Yeah I have done all of my interior lights in green.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by Rottidog
A word of warning I found about blue interior LED's. It changes the color of money! lol I had to replace the blue LED's in my map lights to white LED's.
BTW Tibby I really like that overhead console in the '96 better than the one in my '02. Yours has a compartment in there & the lights are movable?
Thanks Rotti! Yeah, it has the compartment, usually I store sunglasses or cd's or something up there haha. And yeah, the lights are moveable, but they prefer not to be moved too often. If you move them a certain way, I guess the connection inside don't touch and they cut off.

And Gio, btw, just wanted to say that you are almost out of fuel! lol

Quick Reply: Aftermarket interior lighting