General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Anyone cut up their blazer before?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Beginning Member
hellrasin' is on a distinguished road

Well folks still working on tearing my blazer apart. I got a bunch of stuff removed today and will continue working on it this weekend. I can't post anything yet because of the 10 post restriction but once I can will post pictures.

I separated a spot out in my basement and garage that should serve well storage.

I am only home for the summer so whatever doesn't sell if getting scraped ;\

I am still very sad that she is really gone. RIP my BABY (bad-*** blazer, ya'll)

I was wondering if anyone as ever cut their blazer up before to scrap it for metal?

I'm mostly talking about the body as it seems to be fairly thin.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:40 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

if you are going to scrap it,just pull the battery,alternator,starter,ac condenser, sell them seperate and haul it down there. Around here they pay no difference if the metals clean or not.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:05 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Take it in as whole unless u don't have a title. Then a sawzall will do fine

Old 05-22-2011, 01:32 PM
AuSSenseiter is on a distinguished road

Not ness. a blazer, but I have cut up a suburban. Its basicly a bloated blazer. Rather easy, actually. Remove the glass, doors, interior, dash, carpet. Basicly the more you take out, the easier it is to cut. Then start with the roof. Cut along the windshield frame about 6 inches back then cut the pillars. Once thats done, you can cut up the quarters and firewall. That should only leave the floorpans. This is the hardest part because you want to avoid cutting the frame. Use a very shallow angle with your swazall, if you feel a hard bite, back off!!!! You probably hit the frame and likely are very close to the fuel and brake lines.
Easy as cake. Oh, and your sawzall blade choice can make the chore easier or MUCH harder. I personally prefer the EMT/ Fire & Rescue blades. Sure, they are alot more expensive (when you can find them) but its money well spent when they dont break and eat through everything.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:55 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

is it a 1st gen? part it out you make more money Lol

Old 05-23-2011, 03:20 AM
Beginning Member
hellrasin' is on a distinguished road

It is a 2nd gen, 2000 2wd. I have already started pulling the mail parts out as someone mentioned early and am stashing them where I can around the house. I'm putting it on stands to pull the wheels off and sell them.

Aside from the most common used parts (rad, alterator, condenser, ps pump, etc) is there anything else that is of good value? Such as wiring harness, fuel pump?

I would like to pull the engine and tranny, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth it. I have some time to do it this summer, i just need to get all the parts out before i go back to florida.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:42 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

If the motors bad,pull all the sensors off,sell as a lot on ebay for like 39.99 and offer a warranty..Might not be much,but the blazer wouldnt only bring in around 350.00 in the 1st place without parting out..

If the heads are good(bad bottom end) you could part those too.