General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Anyone had good luck with Lmc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone had good luck with Lmc.

looking to redo some floor panels in a k5. anyone ever used lmc for parts or know if their floor panels are high quality?

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=24

Old 01-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Just about anything you buy now is chinese and thinner than the original floor pans. That goes for the LMC stuff as well.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Just about anything you buy now is chinese and thinner than the original floor pans. That goes for the LMC stuff as well.

alright good to know. im debating either buying panels or fabricating some out of sheet metal. if i did go with sheet metal how thick do you think i should go. and should i have 2 seperate panels one for the floor panels and one underneath to box in the supports?

Old 01-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Get a sheet metal gauge and match what's there.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Banned

Get a sheet metal gauge and match what's there.

what's there? nothings there. lol. its just about rotted out so i bet it isn't even close to what it use to be. i'd think 1/4" would be well thick enough. might be a little difficult to bend, so maybe 3/8". i'll see what the price difference is

Old 01-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Administrator

You don't get it... If nothing was there, you wouldn't have a truck. There is good floor somewhere right... And you want to tackle this?

1/4" And you do realize that 3/8" is thicker than 1/4" right...?? We're talkin' about sheetmetal here, not plate steel.

Have fun.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Banned

You don't get it... If nothing was there, you wouldn't have a truck. There is good floor somewhere right... And you want to tackle this?

1/4" And you do realize that 3/8" is thicker than 1/4" right...?? We're talkin' about sheetmetal here, not plate steel.

Have fun.
added a few more why not. my mind was somwhere else when i said those sizes. and yes i know what you mean i'll just measure the space between the old supports. dang lighten up kyle, cant take a joke?
if you grab the drivers seat and push and pull you can twist the floor panels. im taking it to autotech and leaving it there for probably 4 months while i and a welder buddy work on it. redoing the wiring also. gotta love alldata.

Last edited by Spectreblazer; 01-28-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:35 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

As far as customer service and getting the parts I ordered quickly, they are top notch. I bought bumper lights and clear turn signals for my brother's 1st Gen pickup about 2-3 years ago and they are holding up well.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:51 PM
fargoben67 is on a distinguished road

i've never bought body panels from them but i have had good luck ordering things for my 67 C10. +1 on the good customer service

Old 01-28-2010, 02:05 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

I too have bought parts from them and always had good results. Never bought S/M parts but they probably sell the same Chinese brand as everyone else. I would shop around on the web though. Some of their stuff is a little pricey. They want about $60.00 each for a S10 window motor. I bought mine for $23.00 each just spending a little time on the web. Ain't search engines great?!

Quick Reply: Anyone had good luck with Lmc.