General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Anyone know any good places to have a remote start installed?

Old 10-28-2012, 07:28 PM
IanD is on a distinguished road
Smile Anyone know any good places to have a remote start installed?

In the Maryland/DC/Virginia area -- A lot of places are quoting me 300+ to install my viper remote start ( I have all of the needed parts )

Old 10-28-2012, 08:22 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Your driveway if you have the instructions too.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:02 PM
IanD is on a distinguished road

It it really that easy to install? I was looking at BestBuy -- they have installation for 150 (contingent on you bringing all of the parts in), which in my opinion isn't too bad.

Last edited by IanD; 10-30-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:32 PM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

not sure about the blaze, but when I did my old 2004 grand prix it was super simple (all low current switched grounds)

here is the wiring you need:
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...etail/437.html

Last edited by coolasice; 10-30-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:55 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

depends on the vehicle. i have REMOVED them from older vehicles and its basically a few wires

Old 10-31-2012, 12:25 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

its really not that hard, the kit comes with instructions, and if its not too specific, you can find the instructions with a simple google search. We have faith in you. Just do some reading, take, your time, and save some money.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:11 PM
05BlackJimmy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DannyAbel
Sorry i don't know the information that you are looking for.You can search for it from the internet.
What?

And if you're not comfortable doing it then I wouldn't attempt it if I were you. I'm not sure about your insurance company but mine states that if your car burns and they find out its aftermarket wiring for a remote starter that wasn't installed by a certified installer that I wont be covered.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by 05BlackJimmy
What?

And if you're not comfortable doing it then I wouldn't attempt it if I were you. I'm not sure about your insurance company but mine states that if your car burns and they find out its aftermarket wiring for a remote starter that wasn't installed by a certified installer that I wont be covered.
That is a good point, but most of the wiring for remote starters ect as stated are low current wire. Frightening to know that would start a fire.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by IanD
In the Maryland/DC/Virginia area -- A lot of places are quoting me 300+ to install my viper remote start ( I have all of the needed parts )

That sounds about right up here if its your own parts. I know a 2 way autostart/alarm installed (you supply nothing) with LCD screen lifetime parts labor warranty up here starts at $450.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:36 PM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

just remember to follow install instructions, and fuse all power leads as close to the battery as possible.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone know any good places to have a remote start installed?