General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

anyone relocate charcol canister?

Old 08-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Starting Member
jackdough is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone relocate charcol canister?

just finished up building my front bumper on my jimmy and im looking into what im going to do with the back. id like to get rid of the giant plastic junk behind the rear wheels. does anyone have any advice on what to do with the canister? seems like theres not alot of slack in the lines and i dont want to start fiddling with fuel lines. i do have a two inch body lift which seems like its going to help. somebody must know of a good way of moving it. thanks

Old 08-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

To move it anywhere, you are going to have to mess with the lines. So long as you get them sealed back up properly, it shouldn't matter what you do to them. I would recommend cutting the lines and splicing in some rubber lines to get where you want to go with it. Just maintain the same orientation and make sure that the lines are in their proper location and you should be set.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:37 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

I relocated mine to the trash. lol We dont have emission testing her in MI though. If you have emissions testing and/or want to keep it i would do what kyle said. cut the lines and fine a rubber hose that will fit tightly over the lines and clamp it. Its mainly just vapors so nothing is under any high pressure.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Starting Member
jackdough is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NVANZEE
I relocated mine to the trash. lol
lol unfortunalty i live too far south now and have to pass emissions. would love to just scrap it but until i move back up north its not an option. ill have to butcher those lines i guess. thanks for the input guys.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:33 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

nvanzee...doesnt that give you a ses light for emissions all the time?
just curious

Old 08-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

I've been wondering what to do with mine also. The bracket on mine broke of this past week on the sand dunes lol, it was mostly rust anyway. So for now, it's just held up with a peice of wire.