General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Auto Parts Rant

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 05:09 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about
Default Auto Parts Rant

Hey guys just a little rant on auto parts stores.... Im sure this happened to you guys many times as it happens to me all the freaking dam time.

All they do is follow what the dam computer says I picked up a plow solenoid and TOLD the guy that it has to be negative trigger because thats what my plow pump needed...

Any ways He sold me the wrong one They look exactly the same but instead of having an S terminal it needs an I terminal. Any ways They ordered the correct one for tomorrow morning. What sucks is I need to travel back and forth for there stupid mistake.

I also HATE when I ask them for this or that they look at you like you have 10 F**CKing heads because they have no clue what your talking about.

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day at least the old solenoid crapped out after i was done plowing.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:13 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

lol. Unfortunately it's pretty rare that the parts store counter jockey has any significant experience in the automotive world. Chances are his resume includes such ilustrious previous employment as Walmart, 7-11, and mowing the neighbor's lawn.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:23 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Funny How I apply for these kind of jobs and I cant get them.... meanwhile theres a guy out behind the counter that only knows how to type in information into a computer and get the parts that the computer tells him to get.

Im not saying every one is a genius but come on I told you that I needed a plow solenoid for this pump and it needs to be a neg trigger.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

I must be fortunate as the parts stores we deal with at work have primarily people who have been in the automotive field for years and can actually understand when you don't feel like using the exact technical term for something or some half-fast description of somethign that there is multiple different choices from.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:33 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

I worked the counter for 11yrs
Dont really miss it LOL

I will say I rarely got a call on plow parts however if someone specifically said they needed a negative trigger I would have pulled out a buyers guide and checked a wiring diagram to be sure

I have been reemed for asking for more information
I have been asked "how did you know" when redirecting a customer to what they needed rather than what they wanted LOL

The big parts suppliers dont want catelogues on the counter ,apparently they think it makes the counter seem untidy and the clerk less approachable

Computer catelogue is faster because you are quoting right on the customers account, checking stock and you can also jump product suppliers / lines instantly

I had applied for a counter job at a competitor
The wanted to hire me only "part time" "minimum wage" wtf
They told me because they were trying to focus more on retail than wholesale the only full time employee would be a mechanic

Old 03-19-2013, 07:38 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

the ladies around here may hate me for saying this....but at my local autozone, if i call and a women answers i plead wrong number and try again later. (there are exceptions that i have found at certain stores). when i call there and i get long pauses and they forget what i asked about two seconds ago then they clearly arent paying attention or dont care. the autozone closest to me ditched all the old timers and hired chicks...none of which could point to a spark plug on the engine...so i avoid that store now.

rant over.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:50 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

I deal with 2 local autozones,The one closest to me very few of the guys behind the counter know what the hell they are doing.I got to the point Im sick and tired of dealing with them cause of the incoveinance of having to go back and forth.I have 1 vehicle to drive and if I get the wrong part in the middle of working on it Im screwed thats what pisses me off.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:03 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

^^^ yes!!

does anyone here find that they have to file all brake pads (steel portion) from autozone to fit properly on the caliper?

Old 03-19-2013, 08:35 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
^^^ yes!!

does anyone here find that they have to file all brake pads (steel portion) from autozone to fit properly on the caliper?

Yea on my dads s10 pickup

Old 03-19-2013, 08:37 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

once in a while you will get someone there who knows a little something and its quite a relief. i love when i get something like a transfer case seal and they ask if its a 4wd. im always sure to bring the part up there when ever i buy anything due to them screwing stuff up

theres a place locally called van senus auto parts, parts there cost a little bit more but if you are trying to get a weird or unpopular part they are good at finding it. went to advance last week for a throttle body to intake gasket, they said they cant even get it, its a dealer item only, went to vansenus and they had them in stock

Last edited by abig84; 03-19-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Auto Parts Rant