General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

back seat help

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Beginning Member
goerzenl is on a distinguished road
Default back seat help

i have a 89 full size blazer. i need to find out if chevy ever made a back seat with head rest in them or if there is a way to get one made. i need to get this fixed so my kids can ride in the back seat. any help will be great thanks

Old 01-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Starting Member
theonetruetom is on a distinguished road

my roommate's '00 Bravada has a head rest, it flips up when you fold the seat down. I don't know about sticking that back seat in an '89 full size.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:06 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

If they did it will be the last few years of the model. Might be able to mod a newer tahoe seat to fit or just put headrests in the seats you have now. I know its a somewhat common mod for cherokee guys to put grand cherokee headrests in their factory seats.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:54 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by theonetruetom
my roommate's '00 Bravada has a head rest, it flips up when you fold the seat down. I don't know about sticking that back seat in an '89 full size.
nope. totally different set-up for the mounting. the K-series sit flush on the floor.

Originally Posted by neo71665
If they did it will be the last few years of the model. Might be able to mod a newer tahoe seat to fit or just put headrests in the seats you have now. I know its a somewhat common mod for cherokee guys to put grand cherokee headrests in their factory seats.

nope again. the rear seat in the 'Burbs are the same style, and never came with head rests.

question @ the OP: why so concerned about the head rests? how old are your kids?

Old 01-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Beginning Member
goerzenl is on a distinguished road

my girls are 6 and 7 there safety is more important to me than the truck so i need to get head rest put in so if we get rear ended there necks don't wipp back and with nothing back there they could get really hurt

Old 01-24-2011, 12:34 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

gotcha. i was thinking you hadlly ittle kids. like car seat age, not booster seat size.

you could always add some head rest from a 2nd gen rear seat. just find one in a JY and cut/weld it to fit in the K5.

or you could just put a couple of buckets back there for them. would definately add to the cool factor of your rig.