Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Battery? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/battery-7624/)

SDimeBlazerlady 12-27-2006 08:44 PM

Battery?

:(:(Hi, this isnt a Blazer? But i just got my 87 Olds. 3.8...I drove it all over this morning and my last stop it started but stalled, When i tried starting it would turn over n battery died fairly fast..Its getting gas n its tried to turn over but im thinking it doesnt have enuff Battery power. Has new Alt. and battery wont take a jump...would it be best to say its got a bad battery? or something more evil wrong with it...car is parked near friends place so i cant run out n check stuff..Thanks

hillbillyinOhio 12-27-2006 09:53 PM

RE: Battery?

is there a good connnection at the battery?? i would check and make sure that both terminals are getting good contact with the battery.

swartlkk 12-27-2006 09:59 PM

If you can, pop out the battery and run down to your local Autozone or Advanced (if you have them). They'll test the battery for free. I have done this on numerous occasions to have them tell me it's fine so they aren't out just to sell you a new battery if you don't need it. The local Advanced Auto here has a VERY comprehensive tester that goes through a ton of tests.

Chevy Lover 12-28-2006 04:36 AM

It's possible that the battery should have been replaced at the same time as the alternater, but like Kyle says, if you can get the battery out and have it tested, do that before you just go out and buy a new battery.

blazinloud 12-28-2006 01:04 PM

happens to my mom and sister all the time, they phone me up, and i tell em to jiggle the battery cable, and voila. Check the posts for corrosion too.

SDimeBlazerlady 12-28-2006 01:14 PM

Well it has a good tight clean connection, i had been drivin the car all morning on errands. stopped at my friends for bout 20 mins went out.started up stalled fast, then when i tried to restart it seemed like it wouldnt catch...battery went dead after 3rd try...has new alternator. tried jumping it nothin tried starting a couple times,has gas,fuel pump is working i could smell it.ran a car with cable on it for 20 mins battery went dead soon as i turned it over..im thinking it has a bad cell.gotta wait til my brother comes over,car is bout 2 miles away!.....im kicking myself n letting the Blaze go:(

blazinloud 12-28-2006 01:24 PM

yep, shoulda went the kidney route,lol

SDimeBlazerlady 12-30-2006 02:40 AM

Hi again, well battery n alt checked out ok at schucks..so we go hook everything up still no start! it turns over fine but doesnt catch...now what? bad spark? fuel pump done for? i think i need Chevy Lover to come fix my car lol i got $10 for gas lol any help would be greatful...im worried now bout car getting towed[&:]

MNHawk 12-30-2006 03:24 AM

Just read back at the post on what the vehical is.

Look around the intake on the pass. side. If its wet with oil then your intake warped and blew out the gasket(they are known for this on the 3.1, 3.3, 3.8) Its an easy job to switch it out. But it would give the same issues that you are posting.

Good luck

Chevy Lover 12-30-2006 03:43 AM

Just a guess....crank position sensor.....no spark
I'll be in Seattle at 3am Sunday