General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Been a while... then this happened

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 08:31 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy Been a while... then this happened

Been a very long time since I've logged in. Been working on CB as the GF called it (cranberry blazer) :-( ok we'll call it CB for short!
Anyway, week ago Tuesday I started it like I"ve done 5000 times before with the remote start at work & went to clean out the feral cats' bowl that I have at work. Heard whistling outside, nothing odd about that in that neighborhood.
Walked back to my office & WTF , my brain wasn't believing what my eyes were telling it. Drop the bowl, grab the cell for 911 & the 10 lb extinguisher.
Might have just slowed it down I suppose.

RIP CB, you'll be missed!

Old 08-09-2016, 09:02 PM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

AWWW MAN! What a heart breaker. Glad no one was hurt, but that sucks. RIP CB.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:22 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Rusty Nuts
AWWW MAN! What a heart breaker. Glad no one was hurt, but that sucks. RIP CB.
TY... yeah lots of love, attention & money went into CB. I felt kind of morbid taking pics after emptying the extinguisher & standing back.
Odd I know.
What was afterwards...

[/URL]

Attached Thumbnails Been a while... then this happened-20160726_192636_zpsh8quqzow.jpg   Been a while... then this happened-20160726_192543_zpsz8iapdto.jpg   Been a while... then this happened-20160726_192626_zpszhehxlcf.jpg  

Last edited by Rottidog; 08-09-2016 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

That'll buff out!

That really sucks man sorry to hear of this sad news I would literally be a sobbing mess if it were mine.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:46 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Sucks, any idea why/what?

Old 08-10-2016, 11:53 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

NOOOOO!!!! Super sad to see this man. Your truck and the work you did on it was definitely one that had inspired me.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Beginning Member
73K5 is on a distinguished road

Ugh...no. Glad no one was injured. Sorry man.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:27 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Damn Tom! That sucks!

Good thing those firefighters took their sweet *** time getting that thing put out... As soon as the visible flames were out, one of those slackers should have had a bar in the hood getting it open to get the hose in there. We have even used the spike on a Halligan or pick-axe to punch a few holes in the hood to get the water on the engine, specifically in the area of the HVAC pass-thru to try to limit the amount of fire that makes it to the interior.

As others have said, glad no one was hurt. Could have been a lot worse.

Old 08-11-2016, 03:00 PM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

Sorry for your loss. Looks like a possible blower resistor failure. Any plans for another?

Old 08-11-2016, 08:09 PM
BF Veteran
Default Thank-you all

FD got there in 5 mins, another 2 - 3 mins to get the hose out & pressurized. Not bad I'd say. But still, too little too late.
Loved that truck even with the issues here n there, ball joints, rear diff seals etc. But it did get me into & out of a lot of chit through the years! Even pulled a Kenworth with a loaded 53' flat deck up an icy approach one winter. Gotta love low 4 & Hendricks 32,000 lb recovery straps!
Still feel sick to my stomach looking at pics or videos when ppl ask me "where's the blazer?"
Or they see the rental parked where I parked CB in the yard at work. Or the 1993 Toyota HiLux Surf SSR-X I was looking at. 3L turbo diesel, 31's, 265K on the odometer. Pretty damn good shape except a ticking in the engine (shim on can the cam probably) or the blow by coming out the oil filler cap on the valve cover (bad EGR or butterfly or worse, a ring on a piston) & then the transfer case would 'slip' in low 4 like it went to 2nd gear. Revs like hell but doesn't make you swallow your tongue like low 4 should. Told the owner & he tried it, then high 4, he had better pick-up off the line in high 4. That's not right!

Again thank-you all for my & our loss as blazer owners!

Quick Reply: Been a while... then this happened