General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Better keyless distance????

Old 03-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Beginning Member
Zukboy is on a distinguished road
Default Better keyless distance????

Hey I have had my 00 Ls for a year now, and love it. Just looking for a way to get better distance out of the factory fob. Sometimes I have to right next to my door and even press unlock a few times. Kinda bugs. anyhelp would be usefull. thanks and I'm glad to be here

Old 03-15-2009, 11:28 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, let's see, I used the 'search' function for 'remote distance' and got this thread.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:48 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough
Old 03-16-2009, 08:19 AM
Slick1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AJ

That's funy man I just read that the other day. Think I'm gonna do it!

Old 03-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If someone does this here, it would make a good DIY post (hint hint). The ZR2usa link is good, but you have to be a member to view the pictures and they do not have an open membership.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:21 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I didn't realize you couldn't see the pics if you weren't a member over there. I'll see if I can't get the pics up somehow as they are a great help.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Due to some people's interpretation of the information given, since the site is restricted in that way, it may not be proper to just grab the images and rehost them over here. That is why I said if someone here wants to redo the pictures while they were in the process following along with that tutorial and write it up again (giving proper acknowledgment to the source), it would be much better!

But that is definitely a good article and would be nice to have access to for all of our members.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Beginning Member
madhatter256 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.s-10crewcab.com/og1/modin...eylessant.html

That link was in the same zr2usa.com forum that was posted earlier. Hope that helps. I too would like to increase the response/range. My old taurus had keyless entry and I was able to unlock/lock it 50feet away...

Old 03-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Beginning Member
Zukboy is on a distinguished road

Man thank you so much all you guys. I just registered yesterday and posted this last night and gettting so much help. You all rock!!!!! but I am really anticipating the pictures of that other thread. Seem very logical to have the antenna up higher than down close to the floor!!! Whats up with that?????

Old 03-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I tell you what! If somebody sends me one of those modules, I will totally do a write up! I have aftermarket install and no factory RKE that I know of. but heck I just like to entertain myself. PM me if you wanna send me one! or at least show me a pic and ill go pull one outa a yard!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Better keyless distance????