General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Big news from rough country

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

very interested

Old 10-05-2011, 10:43 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

hmmm maybe they will give me a good deal on just the new control arms since i bent the last ones for them all to hell.

The only problem i see with a diif drop is the front driveshaft and the y-pipe. For the 6in kits you have to get a custom made y-pipe to clear the front drive shaft

Old 10-05-2011, 11:02 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Heck yea, at that price Im seriously interested. 3-4" suspension lift, 2" body lift and I'll be mounting up 33". Might have to do some fender trimming, which is no big deal.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:08 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Very interesting.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:30 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

I will deff let you guys know when i hear any updates.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:34 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I think its time to count the change in my piggy bank

*Gets the hammer*

Old 10-06-2011, 12:15 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

This is HUGE news IMO. Finally something to solve the CV joint issues the susp. lifts have been having. It's about damn time though, frig, they only stopped building the Blazer oh... 6 years ago.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Starting Member
91chevywt is an unknown quantity at this point

This is pretty big. I think a lot of people are building up their S10s since they can be had pretty cheap. I'd be all over a kit that would drop the front diff down 3-4 inches especially if it's reasonably priced. I'll be patiently waiting. If it was possible to get a time-frame that would be awesome.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:31 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 91chevywt
This is pretty big. I think a lot of people are building up their S10s since they can be had pretty cheap. I'd be all over a kit that would drop the front diff down 3-4 inches especially if it's reasonably priced. I'll be patiently waiting. If it was possible to get a time-frame that would be awesome.
They said 4 to 5 weeks

Old 10-12-2011, 04:55 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NVANZEE
hmmm maybe they will give me a good deal on just the new control arms since i bent the last ones for them all to hell.

The only problem i see with a diif drop is the front driveshaft and the y-pipe. For the 6in kits you have to get a custom made y-pipe to clear the front drive shaft
I just peeked under my Blazer, and it looks like there's about 3" of clearance between the stock y-pipe and the front drive shaft. I think you could probably safely drop the front differential 2" without running into any clearance issues. On a 3-4" lift that should still maintain safe angles for the front CV's. I'm super interested in this lift.

Quick Reply: Big news from rough country