General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

A bit of a different spacer question

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 07:29 PM
NWBackwoods is on a distinguished road
Default A bit of a different spacer question

Before you flame the crap out of me I did use the search engine and came up dry.

I am looking into spreading the skinny rear to match the front. On one of the search results I ran across states that the front is 1.3 inches wider "per tire," totalling 2.6 inches. So I am looking at a couple of 1.5 inch wide, 5x4.75 inch pattern, that says for an S-10, blazer, etc. So I got that from the search engine (thanx guys) but now I have a new question. I have found a few different brands and all of the specs match except for the "hub bore" measurements. Is that something that even matters? They range from about 73mm to 88mm. Thanks for any replies.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:38 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

I bought mine on ebay...only thing i know for sure is buy hub centric and you will be fine.
The ones i bought were listed as corvette camaro wheels

Old 03-11-2012, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
I bought mine on ebay...only thing i know for sure is buy hub centric and you will be fine.
The ones i bought were listed as corvette camaro wheels
Thanks for the reply. One thing I noticed on most I was looking at on Ebay stated in fine print that they were not hub centric. Then I saw hub centric adapters. I will do a bit more searching I guess. I don't suppose if anyone knows the diameter of the hub off hand?

I am getting some BFGoodrich's next week and would love to get this spacer stuff sorted out before I put them on. Not to mention this is for a Bravada and I am just praying the hubs are the same as the blazers.

Nice blazer you have there warthog.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:05 PM

For the search engines sake I found a couple of sites stating the Bravada and Blazer both have 70.30mm hub diameters.

I am getting closer.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:32 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

And make sure to check on 'em every now and then to make sure they stay tight. Don't want to lose a wheel!

Old 03-12-2012, 06:26 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

I used loctite on mine and torqued them down...i do random checks and have yet to gave them loosen evwn the slightest...been over a year now.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:56 PM

Do you go with the same torque as the lug nuts?
Originally Posted by tibby
And make sure to check on 'em every now and then to make sure they stay tight. Don't want to lose a wheel!
Yeah I will be keeping a very close eye on these for a while. I really don't feel like losing a wheel out in the boonies. I cant wait to get this thing together, I have had it for over a month and haven't had it out yet.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:21 PM

For the search engines sake I got them on. They brought the back tires out to the fenders like the front. Took them out and flung a bit of mud and out on the freeway, no vibrations at all. Will check the torque on them soon, and probalbly often.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

A stupid question. Why is the front wider than the rear?

Old 04-08-2012, 05:27 AM
DySfUnCtIoNaL is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tripovermyego
A stupid question. Why is the front wider than the rear?
All cars / trucks are wider in the front, improves turning radius.

Quick Reply: A bit of a different spacer question