General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Black headlight covers

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 02:34 AM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Black headlight covers

Illegal? or not?

Stupid? Pointless?

Maybe it would look good with the front of my Blazer, because of the black deflector, push bar and tow hooks.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...hblah127-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...hblah126-1.jpg

And what do the covers do to your headlights?

Old 12-10-2007, 03:37 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Black headlight covers

The covers are pretty cool, I like them on mine!! They protect the headlight lens itself from mother nature and the sun!! If you do offroading they are very durable against rocks and flying debri hitting them!! One thing I will point out that at night (thank god they are removable and easy to put back on ) you can't really see through them, so I take mine off at night and have them on during the day!! Are they legal I would check with your state D.O.T. evey state has something different to say, in Arizona they are for offroad use only but I have had cops tell me that they look cool and dress the front end up nicely. So depends on the officer!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 09:19 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Go to the link in my post in this threadand read the info.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Starting Member
jimbosv650 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had them(as per my avatar) and thought they looked great. The amount of light output they restrict really is a big issue though.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:00 AM
FirehawkNS is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: jimbosv650

I had them(as per my avatar) and thought they looked great. The amount of light output they restrict really is a big issue though.
Yep, I think they will look really good, but light output sucks. I had them on my 94 camaro for years always struggling at night with the dims on, that was until I hit a 60lb dog at 50MPH one night. I never put themback onafter that.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:06 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

you could always buy some brighter lights to shine through the covers.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:22 PM

Yeah, I plan to take them off at night anyway.
I just put Sylvania Silverstar 65w lights in. They're bright, but compared to my factory Sylvania 60w lights (Had them since the day my dad bought the truck in 1996 and never blew out) they're not much brighter, just more whiter. At the right angle, if you stare dead into the lights they're blinding. With the brights on it's even worse. If I drove with my brights on people would crash, so I figured if I keep the covers on at night, my brights should be able to shine through nicely since normally they're just too bright to even want to use.
As long as I find a cheap pair, I'll buy them. I just don't wanna spend $60 and end up taking them off.
As for the tail lights, I might just buy completely new tail lights and put the tail guards over them.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:54 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Even if you use your brights with the covers on at night the restriction of light is still really bad. I tried using my brights too as a fix but they don't shine that much better through the covers!! Those covers are really dark don't underestimate them and tuff!!

Old 12-11-2007, 09:10 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

In illinois they are illegal, as well as CLEAR liscense plate covers, go figure, just check first because im almost certain the box says "for off-road use only"

Old 12-15-2007, 12:12 AM

I see clear license plate covers from time to time here. I'd never really need one anyway. They also look ugly when they get dirty.