General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blacked out my front signals and taillights

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:32 AM
GryphonBlaze is on a distinguished road
Default Blacked out my front signals and taillights

For all owners who have a pretty stock blazer, here is something you can do if it fits your style to make it look awesome for nearly free.

I just debadged the back tailgate and the Stickers on the door, so bear with me on the goo left over. (Did it late last night and got tired

Overall i am very happy with the results, i used VHT Nite Shades and 2 coats of clearcoat.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:34 AM
Starting Member
99Legendary is on a distinguished road

If only I had a black blazer...

Did it to my black acura and it turned out nice, but I think it really only looks good with a black vehicle.

Last edited by 99Legendary; 04-27-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:56 AM

Haha, yea it looks real awesome, It might look good on white ones as well, I fixed my right headlight also, didnt know it was out of whack til i looked at the pictures lol. Gonna paint my bumper guard and my moulding pieces black and see how it turns out! Ill post pics when I roll around to it. Thinking of dropping it 2-3 inches. I still dont know if I want a staggered or leveled look. decisions...decisions....

Old 04-27-2012, 10:02 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Heh... good luck with that. You really want to give a cop reason to pull you over?
https://www.google.com/search?q=texa...+tailight+tint
I suggest the rest of you do a simple google search before you do it.

Dont shoot the messenger. It's just that I've run afoul of this and it's been subject of threads on car forums since at least '96 when I did it. Not like it SHOULD be a surprise.

Last edited by pettyfog; 04-27-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Owell police don't scare me!!!!!!!!

The lights look nice man! I have been considering doing my tails but I think I will leave them red since my truck is red. And go level if you lower it it looks way nicer imo.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:57 AM

Ill post a pic with the lights on! They are only dark when the lights are off. So anytime I hit my brake it goes real bright. BRB Taking a picture....

The lights clearly emit a bright red when applied...i dont see why they will pull me over

Old 04-27-2012, 11:32 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

that looks real clean

Old 04-27-2012, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Owell police don't scare me!!!!!!!!

The lights look nice man! I have been considering doing my tails but I think I will leave them red since my truck is red. And go level if you lower it it looks way nicer imo.
Black and Red is a very nice combo everytime i see those two colors together. You can always get a pair of new tailights just incase you dont want to keep them smoked. I ruined the first pair I had because my buddy thought he knew how to paint and just started firehosing them down.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:49 PM

UPDATE: Painted the bowtie black...

Old 04-27-2012, 06:06 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Hey.. it looks great! Good job...
But if you'd followed that link to the google search, and read some of those links, you'll find that the catch is.. no matter how bright the bulbs.. they also serve as reflectors. Thus a safety issue.
{And I dont think they're all that bright}
- dont fret. I knew that and didnt think about it, either. Fortunately mine were tinting covers and I didnt have to replace the lights themselves. Just had to carefully remove the stick-on goo.

You may get by quite a while till you're stopped.

Quick Reply: Blacked out my front signals and taillights