General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer did great in an emergency situation.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 03:59 PM
soad is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer did great in an emergency situation.

Some POS teenager pulled RIGHT out in front of me in my 03 ZR2. I worked the brakes hard, swerved onto the shoulder and kept her on all four wheels. My baby did a GREAT job!!!! Love the Blazer!!

Old 08-12-2010, 04:10 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

C'mon now, it just ain't fun if you don't get her up on two wheels!

j/k I had to swerve at highway speeds many years ago when my ZR2 was stock to avoid some idiot that slammed on their brakes at the last second to get on the offramp after they had passed it. I was sure I was going to roll it but, same as you, kept all four tires planted. Not sure I want to try something like that again but nice to know these vehicles are fairly stable in avoidance manuevers.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:42 AM
shligger is on a distinguished road

The brakes in the Blazer didn't seem amazing to me at first. The vehicle noise dives easily and it felt like it's brakes were weak but it has pulled through for me in hard braking situations. I'd be more afraid of the back wheels coming off the ground sometimes.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

Same here, a while back I was following behind a Honda Civic and he swerved off onto the shoulder really fast. While I was behind him I could see the road in front of him, as I don't have x-ray vision, but after he swerved, what do you think is lying in the middle of the highway? A RIM & TIRE FROM A SEMI! It's a good thing my brakes worked, that could've turned ugly.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:52 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Blazer for life

Originally Posted by shligger
The brakes in the Blazer didn't seem amazing to me at first. The vehicle noise dives easily and it felt like it's brakes were weak but it has pulled through for me in hard braking situations. I'd be more afraid of the back wheels coming off the ground sometimes.
Yeah they seem weak. Never had to use 'em in an emergency situation though

Old 08-25-2010, 12:20 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

yup, last summer I started up from a stop sign & 100' or so down the road I see a mini van with the hatch up. See a guy behind it - no big deal as he looked at my truck coming down the road. THEN out the DS sliding door about 15-20' or so infront of me a teenager JUMPS out the door right infront of me. Hit the brakes, turned away & the PS tire on the boulevard. ABS even kicked in on dry pavement. I think I made up about 30 new swear words as he stood frozen in shock still infront of my DS headlight so close that if he took a step forward he could touch it. His father just shook his head lol

Isn't it amazing how when you almost kill someone you immediately want to beat the living chit out of them?!

Old 08-25-2010, 12:32 PM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

i always thought the brakes was pretty good on mine.