General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer Forum Colorado Summer 2010 Trip

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 05:37 PM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blazer Forum Colorado Summer 2010 Trip

Central/Southern Colorado: Summer 2010
Well i know it can take some major planning, but I am willing to put together a trip for some good 4x4 in Colorado for summer 2010. (assuming we're all still here lol!) If people are interested start letting me know on this thread. Off the top of my head I know of great cabins and places to stay for 50-75/night with kitchens and bathrooms, or we could do a 'camp on the trail' thing. There are a lot of trails, many for stock rigs with fun/challenging side routes for more dedicated peeps. All high in the Rocky Mountains, a lot to see, explore, and do.. All possibilities..let me know what you are thinking guys!! We are GROWING and we should be GOING!! Get ourselves (Blazer Forum that is) in a few Mags along the way... I am thinking Central and Southern CO, (Lake City, Silverton, Ouray, Gunnison, Buena Vista) I know it like the back of my hand. I will be up there this 4th of July too. But it is up to you guys, let me know about timing, length, what you want to or don't want to spend (I don't want any of your money). My vote would be for camping on the trail. What is your vote???????????????????????
Send your suggestions and input here, I would like to get a good count of how many people are interested at least, cause I am serious about setting this up! A Blazer bombardment!!
***Pics and Videos below***

Last edited by amazinnblazin; 06-15-2009 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Pics & Videos
Old 05-29-2009, 05:41 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'm definitely interested..but the chances of me being able to go are probably slim lol.
Camping on the trail is the way to go...my back seats fold flat (as I know the majority of yours do to) so I would just sleep in my truck...but tenting it also works.
The less money spent on luxuries like kitchens and cabins..the better experience it would be IMO

Old 05-29-2009, 06:23 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

wow... I live further west than you SISK and I know there's no chance I'd be able to go lol... I always bring a tent on camping trips for shelter for the supplies lol, I prefer sleeping in the back of my Blazer.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:43 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I was keeping myself optimistic in saying "slim" lol. Chances of me going though are about .001%.
But hey, I can dream can't I?

Old 05-29-2009, 07:45 PM

I plan on bringing my wife and my dogs, but we have all the gear to backpack, so we will tent it. A long weekend would, i assume, be the best way to go. 3-4-5 nights...

Old 05-29-2009, 09:11 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by amazinnblazin
I plan on bringing my wife and my dogs, but we have all the gear to backpack, so we will tent it. A long weekend would, i assume, be the best way to go. 3-4-5 nights...
Where are you in OK? I'm in Broken Arrow, but my truck is 2WD. Who knows though, I'm plannin on sellin it and buying a 4x4 in the near future!

Old 05-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Beginning Member
INHUMAN is on a distinguished road

wow, im already here. that would be an afternoon drive for me.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:22 AM

I'm sure Inhuman can tell you some trails you could make in a 2wd, but not really for very long. And lucky you, being so close!

Old 05-30-2009, 12:32 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I make it up to Colorado usually at least once a year for hunting, half the time around Buena Vista. Actually camp at the top of Trout Creek Pass. Ever take the Chub Park "short cut"? Pretty fun little run right there!

Old 05-30-2009, 02:29 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Sounds pretty sweet. Good idea to get the wheels turning on this a year out too. If you are going to be up there in July, drop a few pics of what kind of terrain/trails you are talking about and you will spark more interest in those that are in the surrounding areas I am sure.

BTW *snicker* @ "Chub Park"

Quick Reply: Blazer Forum Colorado Summer 2010 Trip