General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

blazer going in the shop

Old 01-05-2008, 09:38 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default blazer going in the shop

Droppin my blazer off at the mechanic tomorrow evening to get the radiator replaced on monday. I called pep-boys cause I had a $50 coupon I got in the mail. They quoted me at $500. I thought that was a little high, so I had my dad call the mechanic he goes to and was quoted at $325. Alot better, so I can't wait to have heat again. It's freezing up here in ct. Was in the single digits the past couple of days. On tuesday, it's suppoised to be up near 50-55. Gonna wash and do a few things.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default RE: blazer going in the shop

Radiator or heater core?

Old 01-05-2008, 09:43 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

325$ for a radiator replacement???

Old 01-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

$325 for a heater core replacement is way low for a shop to do. That is definitely the radiator, but still seems a bit high.

Why not do it yourself for the cost of the radiator??

Old 01-05-2008, 09:45 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

gettin a new radiator. Yup, $325 parts & labor

I would do it myself, but I have no time with work. I would like to do it myself, but you know parents. "After what happened with your brakes, pay someone to do it" is what I got. Back when I needed new pads, I replaced all four but when I went to go to work the next day, no brakes. Turns out one of the pads was warped a little and that made all four brakes not work.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:45 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Ouch man that sucks to have to pay a shop to do something you can do yourself.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:21 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: thegr81

Actually, sometimes it's kinda nice having someone else do the job. Especially when it's freezing outside.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:29 AM

My point exactly. If I had a heated garage or if it was in the 70's, I would tackel it with a freind of mine. But it's in the teens to single digits at night right now and I would rather pay to have a shop do it.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:37 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

$325 for a heater core replacement is way low for a shop to do. That is definitely the radiator, but still seems a bit high.

Why not do it yourself for the cost of the radiator??
i had my heater core replaced in febuary and it only cost me $350 for the shop to do it. it wasn't just a shade tree shop. i was really pleased w/ their work too, everything was put back together perfect and no antifreeze dumped into the floor board. maybe service is cheaper down here,

Old 01-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

ORIGINAL: Chevy Lover

ORIGINAL: thegr81

Actually, sometimes it's kinda nice having someone else do the job. Especially when it's freezing outside.
That I can completely understand. Couple nights there it was below 0 and I was out under my truck fighting with my exhaust while doing the tranny filter. I would rather do that then take it to a shop when I can though. I just hate other people working on stuff that isn't theirs. They don't seem to take the care as much as I would like. Took my truck into a GM dealership that my half brother works at for an alignment. Took them longer than expected to do the job (which is fine), had an appointment for the morning and didn't get it back till evening. Said they couldn't center the wheel cause there was too much play. Ok fine. Idler and pitman are pretty much only parts not recently replaced and they don't have too much play in them (they even said that those aren't in need of replacing). So I adjusted the gear box by turning the allen set screw in half a turn and now the play is almost gone. That's something that I would think they would check. After paying the $110 I get in my truck to leave, close the door and my window slams into the bottom of the door. Great now I get to drive home in the pouring rain with the window broken and get to fix it when I get home. A window guide clip broke while they were working on it, and instead of using common sense they continued to put the window up till it came out of the roller. [:@]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: blazer going in the shop