General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

blazer going in the shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 02:27 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: blazer going in the shop

that suck jason. thats why i only let a select few work on my stuff, i never use a random shop or a chain. i use personal friends that i know can do the job and will do it right

Old 01-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

blznlow, that is a damn good price for that kind of job. They must have charged you straight time and been very quick and thorough with their work because this isn't an easy thing to do. Atleast on our trucks they don't have to evacuate the A/C to replace the core! Dodge Ram I used to have required that and it was a $800 job to replace the core (plugged up on regular green antifreeze!).

Old 01-06-2008, 03:39 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: blznlowxtreme
i had my heater core replaced in febuary and it only cost me $350 for the shop to do it. it wasn't just a shade tree shop. i was really pleased w/ their work too, everything was put back together perfect and no antifreeze dumped into the floor board. maybe service is cheaper down here,
Cost of living seems to be much cheaper down in TN from what I gathered on our honeymoon. It was the 11% tax on eating out that killed us. But then again in a tourist area that's how you make your money. Blznlow, am I correct in remembered that there's no state tax?

EDIT: I should say cost of living seems to be cheaper than Central PA, I know it varies from state to state. I know I couldn't buy a house where my parents live in Southern NJ. 1/4 mil for a 3 bedroom rancher, NUTS. But I digress...

Old 01-06-2008, 03:43 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

my brother went by while they were working on ita nd said the whole dash was out and he didnt think it would ever go back together right, i was worried after he told me but i cant find anything that was just slightly out of place or alignment. they had my blazer for 3 days and didnt start till late the 1st day. i was really happy. that didnt include parts though. i think the core itself was like around $70. another shop i checked wanted $800+ depending on how it went

Old 01-07-2008, 09:04 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Got it back today. Bill was a little over 325. 195 for the radiator, a little for a new cap, 18 bucks for antifreeze, and 108 for labor. Not too bad. Theplace I had it done was a service station in Plainville that has been around for a long time. When you walk in the waiting room, they have the pics on the wall that show the shop back in the days. They are very reliable and they always do good work.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:21 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a big advocate of doing things yourself. But when the weather isn't cooperating, I am willing to spend some extra cash to have it done without me freezing to death and ending up getting pissed. Plus I am a helicopter mech, so I am always outside working in the elements. I don't aways need to come home and get dirty again.