General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer got hit

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 09:04 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

with all that wrong with it, they may just cut you a check, depends on if you can find a repair estimate that is below blue book value.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Starting Member
vortec bowtie is on a distinguished road

if the estimates are above blue book wont they just total it?

Old 10-02-2012, 09:21 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

possibly. You can buy it back for a deductible and part it. But that's just my opinion.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Starting Member

But then itll have a rebuilt title correct?

Old 10-02-2012, 09:35 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

If you rebuy it I think it would. But your going to be parting it out to fund a new truck.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

ruff break man, at least you didnt get hurt. im sure your truck will get fixed tho.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:47 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

yeah. if the estimate is above blue book, they will total it, and give you the option to buy it back cheap. but then you have the totalled title, and depending on the state, you could still drive it after repair, in MN you can drive a vehicle with a salvaged title.
Otherwise, part it out

Old 10-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Beginning Member
Blazer974 is on a distinguished road

How do you get T-boned on private property? They obviously weren't going very fast looking at the damage.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Starting Member

School parking lot= private damage. I guess the pics dont show how bad it is cause I just got back from the collision shop to get an estimate just to see and the guy kept saying how bad it was and he said they would most likely total it. His estimate in repair costs was close to 4 grand. I have AAA insurance and they told us to go to a chevy dealer so I would imagine thats gonna be even more expensive, so im pretty sure shes getting totaled. If it does get totaled I might buy it back and just keep it for the winter. The guy at the shop really liked my truck and said if I bought it off the insurance company he would pay me $300 more than I bought it back for. So im weighing out all the options at this point

Old 10-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Starting Member

If it does get totaled, he said i would get roughly 5 grand for it, But i have a 1000$ deductible. But the girl that hit me has to pay me $500 cause she ran. so ill be getting about 4500 after its all said and done. These are all rough numbers but the estimate guy said they should be pretty close. With that 4500 I plan on buying a 01 blazer xtreme that i found on cl. I can get it for around $3200. I havent looked at it but the guy said its in good shape. It has 165k miles, but the upper half of the motor has been gone through, all gaskets and seals have been done, and fuel pump has been replaced. He said it has a minor power steering leak and the SES light is on because the cats have been removed and its been straight piped. Sound like a decent deal? I know it wont be as nice as my current blazer was, but im trying to make the most of it and I figure for 3200 thats a pretty good deal, and ill still have money left over to save or put into the new blazer.

Quick Reply: Blazer got hit